Airlines and dogs

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airlines and dogs

Hello all,

Does anyone know of an airline that flies from the US to the UK and allows emotional support dogs in the cabin?
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 1:21 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airlines and dogs

This fairly recent article may assist https://mashable.com/2018/02/27/emot.../#56UFuSt7c5qJ
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

This article is inaccurate: no animals are allowed to fly into the UK in the cabin unless they are a certified assistance animal (guide dog, allergy dog etc). All animals flying into the UK must fly in as cargo (they are not allowed to fly in as baggage).
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherbert
This article is inaccurate: no animals are allowed to fly into the UK in the cabin unless they are a certified assistance animal (guide dog, allergy dog etc). All animals flying into the UK must fly in as cargo (they are not allowed to fly in as baggage).
Agreed...only certified assistance dogs are allowed to travel to the UK in the cabin.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 12:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's good that the OP got her answer
Old Sep 24th 2018, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, everyone.

Are you all sure of this rule about pets not being able to enter the UK in the cabin? Can anyone give me a link to that info?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Thanks, everyone.

Are you all sure of this rule about pets not being able to enter the UK in the cabin? Can anyone give me a link to that info?
CASA states that the decision is up to the airline as to whether they allow emotional assistance animals in the cabin. A few minutes on google shows that there are currently no airlines allowing them on flights to the UK It is not a CASA rule or a government rule, its down to the airlines so there will not be one specific link
Old Sep 24th 2018, 12:17 pm
Aoi
Forum Regular

Aoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Thanks, everyone.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/guide-dogs
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8257851.html
Old Sep 25th 2018, 6:54 am
Concierge

I do wish there were warnings at the beginning of articles that show upsetting photos. I didn't need to see that poor little dog dead in the overhead locker (hopefully others will see this post before opening the link)
Old Sep 25th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I do wish there were warnings at the beginning of articles that show upsetting photos. I didn't need to see that poor little dog dead in the overhead locker (hopefully others will see this post before opening the link)
Thanks for the warning. Fortunately I rarely click on posts with “naked links”, with no explanation or summary as to what the link is about.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:15 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by durham_lad

Thanks for the warning. Fortunately I rarely click on posts with “naked links”, with no explanation or summary as to what the link is about.
Excellent policy, I hope you don't mind if I pinch it!
Old Sep 25th 2018, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Excellent policy, I hope you don't mind if I pinch it!
Please do

I am a Moderator on a large retirement forum where posting "naked links" are against the rules. I didn't write the rules but it is one that I like very much.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thank for the warning. I didn't click on it, but I remember that story. How stupid can a pet owner be?????????? It's like the woman who flushed her hamster down the toilet before boarding her plane.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry people, should have given a description and trigger warning for the article. Anyway, here's the important part:
"Although it is quite common for pets to travel in the cabin of US aircraft, particularly on internal flights, it’s not something that happens much in Europe. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) told The Independent: “Under European regulations EU airlines are allowed to carry pets of up to 8kg in the aircraft cabin, however, it is up to the discretion of each individual airline as to whether they do indeed allow it.“ As far as we are aware no UK operator allows pets to travel in the cabin (other than assistance dogs). Instead, some UK airlines carry pets in the hold for a fee. Dogs, cats or ferrets being flown into the UK require a pet passport and must be microchipped and vaccinated against rabies.

Neither Ryanair nor easyJet take pets in the hold, and only allow assistance animals on board. BA transports pets in the hold via its sister company IAG Cargo; it has a “last on, first off” policy for animals, meaning the minimum of noise and disruption, and features an online tracking tool for nervous owners. Fees and required pet-carrier size depend on the animal, so passengers are advised to get in contact with the airline prior to the flight."

As far as I know, no carrier will allow you to fly into the UK with a pet as baggage: they MUST fly in as cargo. You might want to look into flying into Paris, renting a car and taking the train or a ferry into the UK. While you would still likely not be able to fly your pet in the cabin, you'd at least be able to fly him in as baggage which will save you several thousand $$$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.