Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Re: Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Originally Posted by sans
Hope you get a free Pee, for that money
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Don't know about canada to uk but I'm taking BA to uk from orlando and it's very expensive.Slightly less than $9500.00 round trip and that is only business class.It's official, the world has gone mad!!

British airways IS expensive..

we did take it home for a holiday...must have been a seat sale though...or we wouldn't have used them!!

Air Canada is $7000 one way..
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:31 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Don't know about canada to uk but I'm taking BA to uk from orlando and it's very expensive.Slightly less than $9500.00 round trip and that is only business class.It's official, the world has gone mad!!
Blimey, when are you going - in the UK school holiday season?

Last month my Aussie friend (who lives in New Jersey) did a business trip to the UK and Singapore. He got a Round-the-World Business Class ticket (on the One World airline alliance) and his routing - which has to be in one direction only - was:

Newark to London with BA
London to Singapore with BA
Singapore to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific - was in transit in HKG - then changed planes and flew HKG to New York JFK with Cathay Pacific

The entire trip was $8000 USD (and he got a shed-load of airmiles too as he's a Platinum with Qantas....)
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:01 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Blimey, when are you going - in the UK school holiday season?

Last month my Aussie friend (who lives in New Jersey) did a business trip to the UK and Singapore. He got a Round-the-World Business Class ticket (on the One World airline alliance) and his routing - which has to be in one direction only - was:

Newark to London with BA
London to Singapore with BA
Singapore to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific - was in transit in HKG - then changed planes and flew HKG to New York JFK with Cathay Pacific

The entire trip was $8000 USD (and he got a shed-load of airmiles too as he's a Platinum with Qantas....)
Flight departs on 23rd of june. Only reason why I'm traveling business class and paying the added premium is for the extra leg room. Not easy squeezing a 6'4 frame into a coach class seat. Would like to be able to have working limbs once arriving in GB. One more week to go till tasting the treats of London and the outer countryside.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flight departs on 23rd of june. Only reason why I'm traveling business class and paying the added premium is for the extra leg room. Not easy squeezing a 6'4 frame into a coach class seat. Would like to be able to have working limbs once arriving in GB. One more week to go till tasting the treats of London and the outer countryside.

Shame the Concord gone....I wouldn't care where i was sitting then if it only took two hours to get there.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:32 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
Ok, so we missed ALL the deals...and looks like our house could be sold by tonight? so we're looking at closing Aug 31...with that being said, we've thinking one to two weeks before closing...

So now, its flights?

which did you use?

Is it better to book in July for August? family of 5, no pets.

IS the any deals to be had for one way to UK...as nothing is cheap at all right now, IF i only could have looked into my crystal ball in April - flights were amazing deals!!! oh well.

we've looking at;
flyglobespan $2280
british airways $5000+
air transat
canadian affair?

we need Toronto/Hamilton Airports to Heathrow..no one flies to stanstead..
Only hitch with flyglobespan they go to Gatwick...and we've heading to Suffolk, Ipswich..

any others???
Did you try Thomas Cook airlines or i that the Globespan thing?
Perhaps try flying out of Buffalo, close to where you are................