Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:00 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

KLM. Great airline, and was cheapest around when we booked.

You have to switch at Amsterdam, but it's a really nice airport. Maybe you could get a commuter plane to an airport closer to where you want to go. We did it to Glasgow.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame you can't leave now, in June....Canadian Affair have a June sale where all flights are $49 + taxes....total cost for me and my daughter one way to M'cr from Calgary is $488!! But come July & August when it's the summer hols, they hike 'em right up
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
KLM. Great airline, and was cheapest around when we booked.

You have to switch at Amsterdam, but it's a really nice airport. Maybe you could get a commuter plane to an airport closer to where you want to go. We did it to Glasgow.
sounds good IF we didn't have 3 little ones to bring along...really looking for a direct flight.but thanks for your info.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
It's a shame you can't leave now, in June....Canadian Affair have a June sale where all flights are $49 + taxes....total cost for me and my daughter one way to M'cr from Calgary is $488!! But come July & August when it's the summer hols, they hike 'em right up
did u check out flyglobespan??...they are doing $9 flights...which I can't believe!!!! under $980 for 5 of us.

I did check out cnd affair, thanks Ruby..and found out, they only allow 20kg luggage allowance and flyglobespan is 25kg, Not sure if that makes much of a difference x5 luggage bags..but its worth a try!! and we can pick our seats b4 hand..where some airlines charge for this service.

WE are waiting for the hubbys' VISA to come thru then we can book, so maybe just maybe deals can be had.

good luck on your flight back ruby...we'll be thinking of u
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
Have you secured places in schools? or determined that they have space?

No, not yet?

Only just sold the house..so we have a to-do-list!! tks
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
did u check out flyglobespan??...they are doing $9 flights...which I can't believe!!!! under $980 for 5 of us.

I did check out cnd affair, thanks Ruby..and found out, they only allow 20kg luggage allowance and flyglobespan is 25kg, Not sure if that makes much of a difference x5 luggage bags..but its worth a try!! and we can pick our seats b4 hand..where some airlines charge for this service.

WE are waiting for the hubbys' VISA to come thru then we can book, so maybe just maybe deals can be had.

good luck on your flight back ruby...we'll be thinking of u
You know I never thought of checking out Globespan in my search for flights! I've always been a die-hard Canadian Affair fan and so it just seemed natural for me to head back to that site to book the seats! I did, however, do a price/flight search to see how much I'd have paid with Globespan and they only do Friday flights and came out to be $448, so I would've saved $50. I didn't realise though that you get more baggage allowance going through them...that really would've helped me out a bit more...darn!

Heres hoping you get sorted and back home soon and as stress-free as possible!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
You know I never thought of checking out Globespan in my search for flights! I've always been a die-hard Canadian Affair fan and so it just seemed natural for me to head back to that site to book the seats! I did, however, do a price/flight search to see how much I'd have paid with Globespan and they only do Friday flights and came out to be $448, so I would've saved $50. I didn't realise though that you get more baggage allowance going through them...that really would've helped me out a bit more...darn!

Heres hoping you get sorted and back home soon and as stress-free as possible!
thanks Ruby for all your kind words...hopefully we'll find somewhere to hang our hat b4 august comes around...the worrying is driving me nuts..and we've only sold up Friday...

have a safe return..and keep us posted!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:59 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Ruby for all your kind words...hopefully we'll find somewhere to hang our hat b4 august comes around...the worrying is driving me nuts..and we've only sold up Friday...

have a safe return..and keep us posted!!
Dont worry you'll have lots of cardboard boxes

I'll slither off now
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:44 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Just wondering.....have you considered flying into Birmingham airport? (It's a small airport, much quieter than LGW and LHR).

It's an easy journey to Suffolk from the airport; you just drive along the M6 just past Coventry at Rugby and take the dual carriageway A14 directly to the east coast.

http://www.canadianaffair.ca/flights...to-birmingham/

http://www.bhx.co.uk/
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for the info!!

Just checked prices on cnd affair, and flyglobespan is still coming up $281 per person.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:24 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about canada to uk but I'm taking BA to uk from orlando and it's very expensive.Slightly less than $9500.00 round trip and that is only business class.It's official, the world has gone mad!!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:31 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Don't know about canada to uk but I'm taking BA to uk from orlando and it's very expensive.Slightly less than $9500.00 round trip and that is only business class.It's official, the world has gone mad!!
Do you mean $950 ??? Or is the $9500.00 the scenic route
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:36 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Do you mean $950 ??? Or is the $9500.00 the scenic route
There should be a scenic route and much more included for that kind of price.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
There should be a scenic route and much more included for that kind of price.
Hope you get a free Pee, for that money
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

janet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so we missed ALL the deals...and looks like our house could be sold by tonight? so we're looking at closing Aug 31...with that being said, we've thinking one to two weeks before closing...

So now, its flights?

which did you use?

Is it better to book in July for August? family of 5, no pets.

IS the any deals to be had for one way to UK...as nothing is cheap at all right now, IF i only could have looked into my crystal ball in April - flights were amazing deals!!! oh well.

we've looking at;
flyglobespan $2280
british airways $5000+
air transat
canadian affair?

we need Toronto/Hamilton Airports to Heathrow..no one flies to stanstead..
Only hitch with flyglobespan they go to Gatwick...and we've heading to Suffolk, Ipswich..

any others???
there used to be zoom.com they fly from Stansted to Hamilton, might be worth checking them out if they still fly. Also check out www.RedTag.ca & see what deals they come up with, good luck with your move back to England, Ipswich you are not far from my families

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.