Airfares to UK

Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airfares to UK

Some of you may know as I've posted on this board fact that I am contemplating moving back to UK one day permanently but won't be for a while as want to finish my studies in US. BUT next year am going back to UK for at least 2 months. I am looking at going in August as I would like to wrap up my studies which end at end of July and have that under my belt and can enjoy my time in UK. I have found whenver I go online and put in a stay of over 30 days that fares are nearly double. Priced fares on sidestep.com which is well known and price is nearly 2 grand..Any advice on fares, airlines, time I should go. I could push out to September if was great cost difference. I was born in UK so me staying for any extended time not issue as won't be working..I live in Phoenix Arizona (hate the darned place). Any advice appreciated..
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:44 am
Just Joined

FemaleBritCA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Airfares to UK

Fares are pretty low now due to the economy. Generally speaking fares do drop in Sept, Summer being the most expensive time to travel. You can sign up for email alerts with Virgin Atlantic (my fav) or Brit Airways. Fares vary on if you want to go direct (I always do and you pay for it) if you are willing to make stops, its cheaper. There are lots of ways to check fares on the computer. Sometimes it is cheaper to go directly to source, so if the search engine gets you a good rate on United via a middle man, ex. Expedia, then go to the actual airline site and see what they offer. Do look at the terms of the fare also.
Hope this helps.