Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

ADVICE: STAY IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE FROM UK AND PLANNING TO RETURN TO UK.

ADVICE: STAY IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE FROM UK AND PLANNING TO RETURN TO UK.

Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE: STAY IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE FROM UK AND PLANNING TO RETURN TO UK.

'Paradise' would provide the healthcare you need.

What a wind-up.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:24 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE: STAY IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE FROM UK AND PLANNING TO RETURN TO UK.

Originally Posted by EnglishmanInMICHIGAN

I am a former police officer / military police officer too in the UK, and it is the best thing I ever did leaving this hole. I cannot wait to be back home in the States with my darling wife and American family members.
How sad to think that this ONCE UPON A TIME amazing land, thinks more highly of total foreigners, than it does of its own people, who helped give this nation the foundation and structure it ONCE adhered to.
It should no longer be "God save our gracious Queen" but GOD SAVE THIS LAND!!!
Is already too late I ask myself.
EJH
Sounds as if the UK has lost one of it's finest, but MI has gained a possible militia member.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:11 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

OP:

you've got the cheek of the devil I'll give you that, you slag off every aspect of the UK and yet still demand free healthcare..

bye y'all and don't come back now y'hear..
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I have every sympathy for your medical condition, as it seems does everyone else. Spinal injury is no fun (I know, I have it).

However, I have no sympathy at all for your rant about the NHS - Why should I (a taxpaying UK resident) pay for your planned medical treatment? Emergency treatment, maybe (NHS will do that, as already described). But coming here with the expressed intention of using a stretched-to-the-limits service that has plenty of residents on its waiting list, for free? Who are you kidding?

If I were a right-wing, Fox news-watching US redneck, I'd say "If you don't like it here, go back where you came from". But I'm not, so I won't.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

I am gob smacked!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:20 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

This has to be a joke. No one is that self-centered and clueless.

But I have to ask ... it only costs £40 for a private consultation with a GP? Wow. Bargain.

I don't understand why the OP is trying to use the NHS. He's a US resident and should be using the US system.
My guess is that "paradise" wanted him to pay lots of money.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:55 pm
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EnglishmanInMICHIGAN
I have lived in the USA since February 2006. My wife is American, and we have a gorgeous home on a beautiful remote Island in Michigan. Paradise just about sums it up.

--SNIP--

EJH
Dont know why you would return to the UK for treatment when you live here?? (unless you dont have health insurance here)

that said- even If you have insurance here, and the insurance company decides not to pay because the Hosp or doc charged over whats customary/reasonable or the agreed fees then you should expect a huge bill in the mail ..... unlike the UK where all you get after treatment is a smile and a wave at the hospital door, and you dont have to worry about bankruptcy if your ins company cops out on you :-)
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Has to be a wind up - no one could be that naive, surely? I thought American health care was supposed to be the best in the world so why would you want to get serious surgery done in UK when you could have the best that money could buy in paradise? Sympathies for your backpain, mate but no sympathy for someone wanting to rort the system.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we certainly do call such people health tourists over here. However, a cull is now in process and it seems to be quite effective

I wish this apparent freeloading gentleman a speedy and safe and soon to be undertaken journey back to the land of the free.

Last edited by Lothianlad; Sep 8th 2010 at 10:32 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
This has to be a joke. No one is that self-centered and clueless.

But I have to ask ... it only costs £40 for a private consultation with a GP? Wow. Bargain.

My guess is that "paradise" wanted him to pay lots of money.
Its really not that bad..I always go private..dentist check up private £20, consultant in a private hospital for my arthritis £80..what's expensive is stuff like X-rays, blood test and other stuff. I guess that would be a lot more in the US?

To the op...you must be joking...you don't live in this country and still expect free healthcare? You are not any better then the immigrants, at least they live here.

Your advice should be "ADVICE: STAY IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE FROM UK AND PLANNING TO RETURN TO UK for free healthcare, because its not happening." ;-)

Last edited by eurotramp; Sep 8th 2010 at 10:29 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:09 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Its really not that bad..I always go private..dentist check up private £20, consultant in a private hospital for my arthritis £80..what's expensive is stuff like X-rays, blood test and other stuff. I guess that would be a lot more in the US?
It's nuts here. I had minor surgery last year - in and out in the same day - and the bill was $28,000. I didn't pay it because I'm lucky enough to have decent health insurance (for now). But costs like that make it hardly surprising that insurance companies look for ways to throw sick people off the plans. Chronic diseases or major illnesses like cancer or heart disease are just too expensive for them to afford.

Hospitals are run for profit here, doctors are paid per service not a salary, and every provider in between the doctor and the insurance company is also operating at a profit. That means the supposed 'best healthcare system in the world' is really just a giant money-making scheme. EVery time a doctor sends you for another test, someone makes more money. Everytime they write a prescription more money. Every time they do a surgery, more money. It's hard to imagine what has gone wrong [insert eye roll here]

Last edited by sallysimmons; Sep 8th 2010 at 11:11 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

ExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond repute

. It's hard to imagine what has gone wrong [insert eye roll here][/QUOTE]

It's a lunacy. I can't even get health insurance as I am deemed as being "underweight". I'm not fat enough to get health insurance in other words.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:24 am
Finally Home!

Madness! In 2014 when that part of the new law kicks in, they won't be able to deny you. Nor will they be able to charge you more than other people. But hopefully by 2014 it won't matter to you because you'll be back in the good old UK getting free care. That's if Cameron has left the NHS intact of course (big if!)
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Is this fella taking the piss, you live in America get treated there you pillock

Neil
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm,

I can see why so many of you are inflamed if this chaps post is genuine. However, it is quite possible (I dont know his age) he has lived, worked and paid taxes into the NHS for 30-40 years and only left a few years ago. This probably fules said anger and i think he has a right to vent here, and cop it too, but ultimately he is not exactly the figure of evil you are all making out because he contributed into something for years (could be an assumption) and hoped he might get something back even if he had left for a few years.

Just put yourself in someone elses shoes. i dont agree with his silly Uk bashing but there are people who live in the UK, sit on the Doll, never pay any work taxes toward the system and are happy to drain resources on NHS due to obesity, bad diet smoking, etc etc. if someone who contributes for years they should be entitled to a perscription or two.

Last edited by Sherro; Sep 9th 2010 at 2:57 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.