8 months on.....

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 8 months on.....

Hi everyone just firstly want to wish everyone a good and happy Christmas wherever you may be....
It's now been 8 months since our move back to England...for the 99.9% of the time it has been just lovely to be back home....our two boys are enjoying life with family a nice drive away....and their Education...some of our old friends have moved on...just a natural progression and some have been as rock solid as ever....also making some nice new friends as well which is always nice...family...well families are families...lol...worts and all but it is really nice to know they are on the end of the phone and on the same time zone....we are renting in a lovely area with a good High Street and surrounded by lovely countryside although we can still travel to either Manchester or Sheffield fairly easily.....as I look out of the "box" room while writing this it is snowing something fierce and although we have been snowed in for 2 days it's the loveliest picture when you look outside...(might not think so If I cannot get to the hairdressers this afternoon...lol...) we are in a small rental...a semi with paper thin walls and hardly no storage so we bought a huge garden shed..nearly as big as the home..lol.. but we are happy...we will be glad to settle into our own home when we are good and ready to so. We have so far been impressed with most things here and I do feel safe walking our dog at night and going into the city on my own....for the most people are very friendly and helpful....I dont really have any gripes really....never seen myself as pale for years but good for the skin..lol...love all the outdoor things we do more of here...our boys are just as busy with sports....my Oh arrives home tomorrow and I am very much looking forward to seeing him again, we have not seen each other since August and then for a very short time...before that May....not ideal at all...yes thats been the hardest part and it has been a huge strain for me/us but if anything it makes you realise if you want something you can work around it until all comes good...and that was the only way we really could of "made" this move home......so yes no regrets...good luck to everyone thinking or are moving home.....and also to those thinking of adventures overseas...you only live once so live it as well as you can...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:59 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 months on.....

How lovely that your OH will be home tomorrow, Brits.

Good to hear that you're settling in.

Bev
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
How lovely that your OH will be home tomorrow, Brits.

Good to hear that you're settling in.

Bev
Thanks Bev....I am really both excited & nervous about seeing my OH tomorrow....like a first date...what should I wear...etc...lol...it will be nice to catch up and just be where we were before this time apart.....
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like all is well Congratulations
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:17 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post Brits, so glad it worked out for you, and nice to hear your family will be re-united just in time for Christmas.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:39 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Use of paragraphs and punctuation makes a post far easier to read
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it is working out well Brits! It will be all the better once the DH gets back into the family tool - you have done well to stick it out on your own and to get things all settled!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Glad it is working out well Brits! It will be all the better once the DH gets back into the family tool - you have done well to stick it out on your own and to get things all settled!
Always good to hear happy stories of returning home. Makes all of us getting ready to return home feel much better about it...
Jackie
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nun
Use of paragraphs and punctuation makes a post far easier to read

LOL, your not my old English teacher are you....he always use to say "a great read, excellent even but Jacqueline punctuation,punctuation"....maybe thats a vague connection to why I love "location, location".....
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
Many thanks but DH of mine will need to repay the "hard work"...firstly with a nice holiday and secondly with a much needed face lift after all the stress...lol...well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it...lol...hope you have a lovely Christmas Quoll...always love reading your advice...your like my fav. agony aunt....
ps its now 8.06pm and our two boys are shovelling snow outside to help clear the drive, they have already drank two lots of hot chocolate...they are loving it.....no snow forecast tonight and the car has not moved out of the Drive/Avenue since Monday....we need to be at the airport fairly early am tomorrow....and still cannot decide on which outfit...snow boots I think at this rate..lol
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Always good to hear happy stories of returning home. Makes all of us getting ready to return home feel much better about it...
Jackie
Just had to add this little bit of my day...had a hair app. this afternoon so walked to the High Street, while having my hair done I was offered the coffee,tea etc plus a mince pie...bliss...then afterwards walked to a few of the other shops, most of the shops were offering mulled wine and mince pies, I ended up having a couple of glasses from different shops (small glasses I might add) another mince pie...bliss...good job I was walking..urr staggering home...bring on more snow I say....
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:20 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

So glad to read your update Brits1, punctuation or not. You are my inspiration when I get cold feet. I guess the mulled wine would help with that too!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:03 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Just had to add this little bit of my day...had a hair app. this afternoon so walked to the High Street, while having my hair done I was offered the coffee,tea etc plus a mince pie...bliss...then afterwards walked to a few of the other shops, most of the shops were offering mulled wine and mince pies, I ended up having a couple of glasses from different shops (small glasses I might add) another mince pie...bliss...good job I was walking..urr staggering home...bring on more snow I say....
Thats too fuuny, I can imagine all the shoppers staggering home after drinking mulled wine in each shop.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:19 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

It's always heartening to read such an upbeat posting - it helps to alleviate some of the fears I think we all have about 'am I doing the right thing moving home'!

Haven't had mulled wine since 2005 as it just doesn't work the same when it's 30degrees outside. Just feel like a glass (or two) now ..... it's only 10.15am!

Anyway, just to wish you a fabulous first Xmas back home with all the family together. Enjoy!
Nicky
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

What can I add, after all the comments, above?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, to you & all your family.

Soon be there ourselves - roll on February 21st! (and then to connect with Rodney) dontheturner

Last edited by dontheturner; Dec 3rd 2010 at 3:18 am. Reason: E&OE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.