Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

5 weeks?!?!? What the what?!?!?

5 weeks?!?!? What the what?!?!?

Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:25 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 weeks?!?!? What the what?!?!?

Originally Posted by britwhore
Thanks so much If1. It's a crazy time for us all

My husband is working until the 18th but has promised after that he'll be available to help.....which of course won't be needed cause I'll get everything done by then!!!! Men....!

I have to come back a month after we arrive in the UK to shoot something in LA so I know if I don't get EVERYTHING done I can do some stuff then and it looks like if my husband doesn't sell his business before we leave then HE'LL have to come back too!! HAHAHAHA.....I'm only laughing because it's so painful!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a lot of those nights. Annoying. Especially with husband snoring away. Thankfully (in a selfish way!!) he had a sleepless night last night cause his brain wouldn't shut up. I shouldn't be happy about that but at least he's actually giving it some thought now!!!
That is what is so great about this forum, we are like a virtual support group for each other. It is beneficial that we can share our experiences and know that we are not alone.

OH is a worse procrastinator than I am and then throw in regular season footy, Euro footy, golf and now Wimbeldon. He is now aware that the deadline is looming so he has been much better at tackling his assigned tasks. we need to be out of our house by 19th July.

Apologies for the typing - I am old fashioned typist and I don't care for typing on an iPad

While I am watching Coronation Street he is fast asleep. I might have to turn up the volume to drown out the snoring!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:04 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lf1
That is what is so great about this forum, we are like a virtual support group for each other. It is beneficial that we can share our experiences and know that we are not alone.
So true, I feel much better knowing I am not the only one doing this! I am awake at some point during almost every night, not worrying exactly, but just brain overload I think. I have a notepad next to the bed to jot down things that occur to me in the middle of the night. Meanwhile OH sleeps soundly (and snores) all night long.....
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:18 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pombat
So true, I feel much better knowing I am not the only one doing this! I am awake at some point during almost every night, not worrying exactly, but just brain overload I think. I have a notepad next to the bed to jot down things that occur to me in the middle of the night. Meanwhile OH sleeps soundly (and snores) all night long.....
I slept right through the night last night!! That is what I need to do, put a notepad by my bed.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:32 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Spent an hour in the tax office today and got the sailing/ departure permit sorted. One more thing to tick off on the list!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:53 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 5 weeks?!?!? What the what?!?!?

It was my Silver (25th) wedding anniversary yesterday (4th of July) and my spouse came over to New Jersey from Switzerland (where he's on an expat posting). I had the most wonderful surprise when I woke up yesterday morning....it was something he'd booked at the last minute as I had to go to the US 'Application Support Center' last Friday for biometrics for citizenship and had only been notified of the date a couple of weeks ago.

He's only gone and booked us on a Transatlantic crossing on the QM2, leaving Brooklyn tomorrow (Friday 6th July)! Hurray!

When I'd received the e-mail recently about the Cunard Queen's Diamond Jubilee promotion I'd forwarded it to him and had mentioned that some posters on BE had booked to return to live in the UK via the QM2 and said that when I move back to Europe when (hopefully) getting US citizenship in a few months that it would be a nice way to go. I hadn't a clue that he'd booked it, he had sworn family and friends to secrecy...

Not only are we going on the ship.....he's also booked for us to reconfirm our marriage vows with the ship's captain and has even ordered a bouquet of tropical flowers for me to take to the ceremony. How romantic he is.... I love him to bits

I fly back to NJ on 17th July. I won't be online whilst on the ship as the internet charges will be expensive.

Btw; here's a link with lots of info about the QM2, just scroll down the page for the Eastbound info

http://www.seat61.com/queen-mary-2-transatlantic.htm
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:05 pm
Back home at last!

Englishmum,

Congratulations, how wonderful!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:11 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Englishmum

How wonderful!! Congrats on you Silver Wedding Anniversary. We will be expecting a full report on your voyage upon your return

Does you husband have a single brother, or failing that, can he give my OH a course on being romantic?

Bon Voyage!!!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - that is wonderful - how thoughtful.. Congrats
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:40 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Britwhore

I just re-read your original post and see that you are selling you things. We have arranged with a consignment store to take some of our pieces if we can't sell them privately. OH has been using Kijji (like Craigslist) to sell some things. One fellow came over to look at our dining room table and ended up buying a whole bunch of things. As he was about to leave, he asked if we had a lawnmower, so we took him into the garage and he decided to buy OH's car. Another couple came over to look at our patio furniture and they ended up buying a few more things.

Between friends, private sales we have a home for just about everything and I have earmarked some furniture for donation to the local drop in centre. I just need to book an appt for them to pick it up. I have made several runs to one of the local charity shops to donate clothes and small household items. All our towels along with office supplies will be going to the local Humane Society. I am rambling a bit here, but thought my experience may give you some ideas on where to dispose/sell your things.

If you do go on the ship, I'd love to visit your dogs, if that is allowed. Oh, and it would be nice to meet you too.
If anyone wants to buy my house and I can get my golden a kennel I would join you!!!! Scottish Borders are a calling!!!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:41 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It was my Silver (25th) wedding anniversary yesterday (4th of July) and my spouse came over to New Jersey from Switzerland (where he's on an expat posting). I had the most wonderful surprise when I woke up yesterday morning....it was something he'd booked at the last minute as I had to go to the US 'Application Support Center' last Friday for biometrics for citizenship and had only been notified of the date a couple of weeks ago.

He's only gone and booked us on a Transatlantic crossing on the QM2, leaving Brooklyn tomorrow (Friday 6th July)! Hurray!

When I'd received the e-mail recently about the Cunard Queen's Diamond Jubilee promotion I'd forwarded it to him and had mentioned that some posters on BE had booked to return to live in the UK via the QM2 and said that when I move back to Europe when (hopefully) getting US citizenship in a few months that it would be a nice way to go. I hadn't a clue that he'd booked it, he had sworn family and friends to secrecy...

Not only are we going on the ship.....he's also booked for us to reconfirm our marriage vows with the ship's captain and has even ordered a bouquet of tropical flowers for me to take to the ceremony. How romantic he is.... I love him to bits

I fly back to NJ on 17th July. I won't be online whilst on the ship as the internet charges will be expensive.

Btw; here's a link with lots of info about the QM2, just scroll down the page for the Eastbound info

have a great time!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:50 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dollface
If anyone wants to buy my house and I can get my golden a kennel I would join you!!!! Scottish Borders are a calling!!!!!!
Where are you currently? You can kennel your golden with me.. which part of the Borders is calling?
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by lf1
Where are you currently? You can kennel your golden with me.. which part of the Borders is calling?
the GTA ! check your KArma!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 8:58 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's a keeper. Enjoy the trip!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 11:13 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

What a great surprise! Have a wonderful time
Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:32 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, what a softie, how lovely for you both.xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.