Wikiposts

4 months on....

Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:21 am
Back home in Kent....

England1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really nice
Default 4 months on....

Hi again...

Well after getting back via the QM2 and starting to drive again in December, I don't know what made me stay away in the USA for so long. I love being back.

I have just managed to get a job, starting in a week's time, it has taken me that long to get a job. I didn't realise just how bad the economy was, and thought I can get a job, no worries. I had to apply for Jobseekers Allowance for the first time in my life and managed to get that in January. So at least I am getting £65 a week. Not much, but at least something.

My pooch is getting fat!! My parents absolutely adore him and he is happy. He finally had his teeth removed which I was offered to go on a Payment Plan in Ohio just before he left but couldnt afford it. The Vet I chose over here actually lets me pay weekly!!! (you would never get that abroad!).

But all in all, I am happy to be home. Love the food, the pub and just hanging out with friends. I still have a slight American accent and still stay restroom and trash but I don't have a problem with the driving now!!!

Much love to everyone.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 months on....

Glad to hear about the driving. That's one of my big worries
Old Mar 12th 2011, 3:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by England1971
Hi again...

Well after getting back via the QM2 and starting to drive again in December, I don't know what made me stay away in the USA for so long. I love being back.

I have just managed to get a job, starting in a week's time, it has taken me that long to get a job. I didn't realise just how bad the economy was, and thought I can get a job, no worries. I had to apply for Jobseekers Allowance for the first time in my life and managed to get that in January. So at least I am getting £65 a week. Not much, but at least something.

My pooch is getting fat!! My parents absolutely adore him and he is happy. He finally had his teeth removed which I was offered to go on a Payment Plan in Ohio just before he left but couldnt afford it. The Vet I chose over here actually lets me pay weekly!!! (you would never get that abroad!).

But all in all, I am happy to be home. Love the food, the pub and just hanging out with friends. I still have a slight American accent and still stay restroom and trash but I don't have a problem with the driving now!!!

Much love to everyone.
Ahh Kent sounds wonderful. Think I'd swap my basement apartment in NY for somewhere, anywhere in Kent in the blink of an eye.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 3:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Ahh Kent sounds wonderful. Think I'd swap my basement apartment in NY for somewhere, anywhere in Kent in the blink of an eye.
Anywhere?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

great to hear another happy ending! I have family in Hythe and Folkestone, love that area.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again...

Much love to everyone.
Glad you're settling in and have finally found a job. Just wondering - how long were you in the US and what part of Ohio did you live in?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things are working for you too! It's good that you have managed to find a job at last!!!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:49 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update - glad you're doing so well!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:36 am
Back home in Kent....

England1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really niceEngland1971 is just really nice

I was in the US for a total of 9.5 years. 7 years in Santa Rosa, California (Northern Cali) and then I was in Salem, Ohio for the last 2.5 years and really didn't like it there at all. I am not really a snow bunny so I found it quite hard to deal with the snow for 3 months out of the year (when it was bad). I prefer the sunshine and I know being back in England I won't get much sun, but now I get alot more holidays so I can go somewhere warm for 2 weeks!!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the US for a total of 9.5 years. 7 years in Santa Rosa, California (Northern Cali) and then I was in Salem, Ohio for the last 2.5 years and really didn't like it there at all. I am not really a snow bunny so I found it quite hard to deal with the snow for 3 months out of the year (when it was bad). I prefer the sunshine and I know being back in England I won't get much sun, but now I get alot more holidays so I can go somewhere warm for 2 weeks!!
Yes the snow here can really get to you - we had over a foot last Friday and it's mid March!! It's supposed to warm up later this week - just in time for St Patrick's Day!! I hate the winters here, but I love spring, summer and most of all fall.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:45 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Yes the snow here can really get to you - we had over a foot last Friday and it's mid March!! It's supposed to warm up later this week - just in time for St Patrick's Day!! I hate the winters here, but I love spring, summer and most of all fall.
I hate winter but I hate summer more. It just gets unbearable and I don't do heat well. I do love Spring and Fall here. I don't know if anywhere is better in Fall than New England.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I hate winter but I hate summer more. It just gets unbearable and I don't do heat well. I do love Spring and Fall here. I don't know if anywhere is better in Fall than New England.
Yes, Sally, I used to be a sun worshipper. Now I am more of a shade worshipper . From my short time in Boston I agree with you about the Fall (but we had better get used to saying Autumn). I have a Quebecoise friend who goes back East every fall just to experience the colours.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:20 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I'm with you on that, I'm dreading another NYC summer this year, not looking forward to living in a convection oven.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

sfcelt is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been back since Nov and have to say, feel alive again! I've had some days of aching for the sun and the clear skies but nothing that I would sacrifice seeing my folks when I need to and having my crazy nieces and nephews around us... the things that make a difference!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sfcelt
We've been back since Nov and have to say, feel alive again! I've had some days of aching for the sun and the clear skies but nothing that I would sacrifice seeing my folks when I need to and having my crazy nieces and nephews around us... the things that make a difference!
That's what we like to hear