Reload this Page >

3 years in Perth and just back

3 years in Perth and just back

Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:17 pm
Banned

bluebud will become famous soon enough
Default 3 years in Perth and just back

Been back a month and found this site which a friend in Perth emailed me about,
Oz is Good as is the UK, but..................Australia is so expensive that we could not afford to live on just my wages as a chef....plus my wife could not take the constant heat for weeks on end.
Any questions about Perth...fire away.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years in Perth and just back

Hi and welcome back!No questions from me re Perth(I lived in Adelaide for 30 years and been back in the UK for 10 yrs)How are you settling back in?Have you managed to secure work?Did you return to the place you left?Hope all goes well for you and here's to a happy future!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Hi and welcome back!No questions from me re Perth(I lived in Adelaide for 30 years and been back in the UK for 10 yrs)How are you settling back in?Have you managed to secure work?Did you return to the place you left?Hope all goes well for you and here's to a happy future!
Not really looking for another month or so, enjoying being back in the land of the living to be honest, how nice is it to actually breath FRESH air
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluebud
Not really looking for another month or so, enjoying being back in the land of the living to be honest, how nice is it to actually breath FRESH air
You're very lucky to be able to take time off looking for work.Its quite stressful moving (anywhere)so great that you can spend some time re settling yourselves.I live near Bath,and we went shopping there yesterday.So vibrant,lots of happy looking people stroliing around and shock horror,it was warm enough (yes even without a coat on)to sit outside and bask in the sunshine!We're in the process of planning our holidays for this year,always an exciting time,too many great choices though! So much to do,too many places to go and not enough time!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

We will be breathing in the Fresh Air soon...May in fact...good luck to you and hope all goes well...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

KanePerth is an unknown quantity at this point

Any questions about Perth I will help if I can !

Yes its quite expensive here cos of the resources boom. Opportunity for jobs here coming up tho cos many people go for work in the mines, leaving lots of jobs in Perth.

Not as many as there were a year ago, but there will be soon. The economy wasn't hit that hard here.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Been back a month and found this site which a friend in Perth emailed me about,
Oz is Good as is the UK, but..................Australia is so expensive that we could not afford to live on just my wages as a chef....plus my wife could not take the constant heat for weeks on end.
Any questions about Perth...fire away.
We will be heading home in June. Also been south of Perth for 3 years. Went for a beautiful walk today with kids on their bikes and bubs in pushchair and will miss that side but saying that we are coming off the summer which I do get fed up with towards the end. The best time of year here is before summer hits and at the end of summer. We have found it tough going and think that it would be better for our family to move back to the UK.

We have found owning a property here very expensive and with rates increasing its not going to be cheap any time soon. Renting is far cheaper and if you are PR or citizens you are up for some government help that you certainly won't get in the UK. If we stayed we would like to put own children into a private school. This would cost about $14,000 per year for 3 kids. There is a stat somewhere that says 40% of children in WA attend private schools. I think being closer to Perth would suit us but then you have higher property prices. Swings and roundabouts.

Good luck y'all
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Happy for you!

I will be breathing the fresh air one week tomorrow! Yaaaaay!
(after 35yrs)
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Relocateme
Happy for you!

I will be breathing the fresh air one week tomorrow! Yaaaaay!
(after 35yrs)
35 years you don't get that for murder, are you coming back for good?