3 reasons why ?

Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 reasons why ?

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Why don't you listen to the 70% of Brits that immigrate to OZ and love the place and would never consider returning to the UK , not just the 30% that don't like it. IF you or your husband have never been to OZ before you should go for a holiday and make your own minds up rather then just listening to other peoples opinions.

still wont be able to judge by having holiday there. there is a programme on tv where potential migrants spend a WEEK in oz then have to decide if they will live there .

Seriously though if The hubby is swayed by a mbtuk thread then maybe the commitment may not be there if you made the move, getting the visa is the easy bit. But it could be that you need to scratch that itch in the future, definately need to be 100% tho.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
still wont be able to judge by having holiday there. there is a programme on tv where potential migrants spend a WEEK in oz then have to decide if they will live there .

Seriously though if The hubby is swayed by a mbtuk thread then maybe the commitment may not be there if you made the move, getting the visa is the easy bit. But it could be that you need to scratch that itch in the future, definately need to be 100% tho.
I agree. If your OH was persuaded by other people opinions and not his own, then in my mind, his heart wasn't in it in the first place. He may have just been looking for a way out. To succeed in any new country, you both have to be committed 100% before you start out, because applying for the visa is the easy part, believe me!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously your husband is scared of loosing his "safety net" i.e. you know where you are in your life, jobwise, house wise etc....

But I do agree with the others you should come, never thinking that you couldnt go back to the UK if it didnt work, Im glad we came, but look forward to the day we can return (in to not too distant future).

You really dont want to be old and grey saying "if only we had tried it".

Its true, plenty of people go back, but there are plenty of people that stay and good luck to them all whatever they decide to do, the decision has got to be yours and yours alone, its good to listen to bad as well as good points.... and if, like us on here you decide to go back to UK at least you can hold your head up high, and stuff the rest of them that smirk and say "we told you it would never work", you never know you may love it here (and I hope you do)....

Good luck and go for it .........
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Why bother gettin citizenship then if you dont like it and want to come home? why not try another state??
Like i said.. we will stay til we get citizenship, then go back to enjoy my youthful life, then make use of the citizenship when i'm an old hag. Oz does have it's uses for some things.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:01 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Like i said.. we will stay til we get citizenship, then go back to enjoy my youthful life, then make use of the citizenship when i'm an old hag. Oz does have it's uses for some things.
Hello you. Old hag? You mean like an old witch or like this?
3 reasons why ?-oldie.jpg
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hello you. Old hag? You mean like an old witch or like this?
Attachment 41227
Ha ha...yes that will probably be me

Roll on Little Britain need some excitment.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Zxenith is an unknown quantity at this point

Who on earth would want to come back to the UK?
You got any idea how things have gone up?
And all the electronic tagging and tracking devices to meter and charge you even more. Never mind Pol state and nanny state more like slave state.
Honestly if you have children you should reconsider coming back to the UK.
Something is horribly wrong here. We doing a mass immigration to another country that's aunts, uncles, cousins everybody. we have lived in a few and I can certainly tell you, you would be making a mistake coming back to the Uk. You cant keep looking back or you will never be happy in your new country just go for it.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zxenith
Who on earth would want to come back to the UK?
You got any idea how things have gone up?
And all the electronic tagging and tracking devices to meter and charge you even more. Never mind Pol state and nanny state more like slave state.
Honestly if you have children you should reconsider coming back to the UK.
Something is horribly wrong here. We doing a mass immigration to another country that's aunts, uncles, cousins everybody. we have lived in a few and I can certainly tell you, you would be making a mistake coming back to the Uk. You cant keep looking back or you will never be happy in your new country just go for it.
Well I'm sure your rational, well thought out, cogently argued and presented case will persuade everyone to stay where they are
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:27 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

You kill me Grayling!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:27 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well I'm sure your rational, well thought out, cogently argued and presented case will persuade everyone to stay where they are
Like hell!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Zxenith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Like hell!
We could start a whole new thread on this, seriously guys think about it.
If your a young couple that just want to have some fun the U.K is the place to be, but as far as bringing up a family you just going to drown in costs while having no social life because there is no balance between family and work anymore. and as I have lived around the world, I can honestly say think seriously before coming back. The old England is long gone as reflected in the schools as the majority of children are foreigners, in other words there is a whole new culture. And as a foreigner myself I'm sad to see the English culture being buried. And NOT because the foreigners want it that way. Then there is the overcrowding, how many people can you fit onto one island?
These days you have options and can live anywhere in the world, we decided to stop complaining (As Joe public is not in control anyway) and move on.
Away from the crowds, endless taxes camera's and Yob's
But each to his own some like being in control, others like to be controlled.
And some just want to come home and thats fine too
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the UK

Why do I not see all these things you are complaining about?

....or are they all in your imagination?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:40 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

These days you have options and can live anywhere in the world, we decided to stop complaining (As Joe public is not in control anyway) and move on.
Where exactly are you moving to?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

We could start a whole new thread on this, seriously guys think about it.
If your a young couple that just want to have some fun the U.K is the place to be, but as far as bringing up a family you just going to drown in costs while having no social life because there is no balance between family and work anymore. and as I have lived around the world, I can honestly say think seriously before coming back. The old England is long gone as reflected in the schools as the majority of children are foreigners, in other words there is a whole new culture. And as a foreigner myself I'm sad to see the English culture being buried. And NOT because the foreigners want it that way. Then there is the overcrowding, how many people can you fit onto one island?
If you move to OZ you will also be in a land full of immigrants of all nationalities.
There is crime here too, very much of it.
There's no culture here.
You also pay your taxes here, aswell as GST and stamp duty.

So what will be so different for you? Same shit, shinier bucket!

Tell us something we don't know
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by paulrachel
If you move to OZ you will also be in a land full of immigrants of all nationalities.
There is crime here too, very much of it.
There's no culture here.
You also pay your taxes here, aswell as GST and stamp duty.

So what will be so different for you? Same shit, shinier bucket!

Tell us something we don't know
I think they want to go to Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.