3 reasons why ?

Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 3 reasons why ?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
stop it we'll get told off for hijacking the thread

wayo...........
Nope........run out. Been away too long.........

oh, there's another reason........you forget the fu(kin lingo.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:28 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

1 - We were sucked in by the Australia is better lifestyle hype - it isn't true. It's a different lifestyle not better (depending on your lifestyle requirements of course)

2 - Financial - our wages for us were awful in Oz compared to cost of living. Hubby is a tradesman - Oz is desperate for tradesmen because they pay peanuts compared to Uk wages. We have lost over £40,000 in one year

3 - Life - in Australia we felt dead. Retired. Old. Bored. We did all the touristy things, tried to get out and about, visited everywhere we could, but it was pointless - we just didn't feel alive. I've been back a week now and had more fun in that week that 12 months in Oz. The country is beautiful. The people are friendly and so nice - it's not Australias fault - it's something inside us that didn't connect - it's not home. Some of the scenery is breathtaking - but you have to drive for a day before you see it. We couldn't even take our dogs for a walk out there without feeling like lepers.

Of course everyone is different - I have family who live in Queensland (well ex-family cos they've disowned me now because I've come back to the UK) and they love it - I don't think they would ever return. For them it's the ideal life, but for us its a lovely place to visit or retire to.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Thanks - i'm getting a picture now.
Good luck those who go 'home' to the uk
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
who needs three reasons when one will do....it's home
Accurate and succinct.

And yup, Louise D, old, retired, bored and dead pretty much sums it up.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

My main reasons are:

Friends and family

Husbands career prospects

Kids education
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix, why do you want to go to Oz and what do you want to get out of it. Why Oz and not somewhere closer to UK which may give you a similar lifestyle that you could get from Oz but not being the other side of the world.

You have to decide what is important to you and whether being 24 hours away from the UK with the expense of flights whether that will be a problem in reality to you.

Have you ever lived in another country?

Have you ever had to start from scratch with friends, jobs, etc. Have you actually imagined not being able to see those you care about for maybe years, or not having anything else in your life that you are used to having.

Everyone has different reasons for returning, which may include family, friends, boredom, not being able to get work, finances, being worst off than they were in UK, big culture shock, not making any close friends, being 24 hours away from UK and the expense, missing being able to visit Europe and closer countries for holidays, social life, not being as cheap as they thought, wages lower, break up of relationship, death in the family, or death of a spouse, child, homesickness or missing a sense of belongingetc etc.

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Hi people My first visit in this section - like acbh2 i'm waiting for a visa to go to Aus.

I've been reading though and its not my place to judge why you want to return but i'd be interested in knwoing why.

Can you give 3 reasons why you are returning to the UK ? I appreciate some will havemany more than three and from what I have read thus far family, friends and boredom seem to be the top 3 but I would like a real feel

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 18th 2007 at 12:18 am.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:45 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Basically for us we came here to better ourselves. But unfortunatley we are worse off. So even though Perth is nice, nice is not good enough to stay forever. We wanted at least the same or better than what we had in UK. We have failed, so we will probably head back after citizenship.
Don't think of yourselves as failing.

Failure is only when you stop getting up.

Good luck back home
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:30 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears

Good luck back home
One of my all-time favorite pieces of advice. It should be the motto of the MBUK Forum!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears

Good luck back home

Agreed, but lets not take it to the extreme........
Attached Thumbnails 3 reasons why ?-coffin2.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Top three:

1. To be back among my own kind again........not to be foreign anymore.
2. To simply belong......culture, places, smells, sounds.......not to question it.
3. To reconnect with friends and family, still vibrant despite the time away.....
I couldn't have put that better myself. Brilliant.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I couldn't have put that better myself. Brilliant.
Unfortunately its something you either get or you don't..........

Sorry you get it too.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:39 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately its something you either get or you don't..........

Sorry you get it too.
Don't be sorry, I hope to go home next year for good. Don't think I can face another 'holiday' and have to come back here again, it's just too heart breaking. Good luck to you.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:18 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, but lets not take it to the extreme........
Now I know why I spent so much time on this forum whilst I was in Oz - you guys on here kept me almost sane.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Hi people My first visit in this section - like acbh2 i'm waiting for a visa to go to Aus.

I've been reading though and its not my place to judge why you want to return but i'd be interested in knwoing why.

Can you give 3 reasons why you are returning to the UK ? I appreciate some will havemany more than three and from what I have read thus far family, friends and boredom seem to be the top 3 but I would like a real feel

1 To be belong to a culture again!

2 To say whats on my mind without offending every single person in Canada

3 To pop round to my Mams house and be her son again
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Phoenix, why do you want to go to Oz and what do you want to get out of it. Why Oz and not somewhere closer to UK which may give you a similar lifestyle that you could get from Oz but not being the other side of the world.

You have to decide what is important to you and whether being 24 hours away from the UK with the expense of flights whether that will be a problem in reality to you.

Have you ever lived in another country?

Have you ever had to start from scratch with friends, jobs, etc. Have you actually imagined not being able to see those you care about for maybe years, or not having anything else in your life that you are used to having.

Everyone has different reasons for returning, which may include family, friends, boredom, not being able to get work, finances, being worst off than they were in UK, big culture shock, not making any close friends, being 24 hours away from UK and the expense, missing being able to visit Europe and closer countries for holidays, social life, not being as cheap as they thought, wages lower, break up of relationship, death in the family, or death of a spouse, child, homesickness or missing a sense of belongingetc etc.
I've already decided why Oz and my question wasn't to justify my actions nor as I said, to ask you to justify yours. I am simply interested in what the main reasons are for peoples return.

To me it looks like the UK is 'home' family is there, friends are there and Aus didn't quite work out as first thought either financially or socially for whatever many and varied reasons. At the end of the day home is where the heart is be it the uk or oz or anywhere else.

As said - thank you for your answers folks - it's answered my query

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.