2 weeks in UK

Old May 4th 2008, 2:17 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks in UK

Originally Posted by mr mover
I suppose it comes from 26 years of moving people , into and out of Australia......mm
Well to me, you were still condescending. You don't know Crystal, you know nothing of her circumstances, life, family and fiends etc., but somehow you know she will be back. Pfft.

Just remember that people all over the world move to foreign countries to work or just for the experience and, many, many return to their birth country, it's not just an Australian phenomena.

Originally Posted by BlackCloud
I'm just going back to the UK from the UAE. Here is never really a place where you can emigrate to forever but I'm sad about going back. However, I have some personal things to sort out and a plan to follow and would like to return here in a few months. I am however going to the UK with a semi-positive view and would consider getting on with life...

I've made a few trips to my home city. Generally I feel a visitor but I don't think the place itself is that bad physically. The people in shops and providing services are ok. After being in the UAE I can see that UK life is generally well organised, mature infrastructure and services, health care, generally consumers and people have legislation to protect them, you don't typically have people driving 4x4's at 80mph on residential streets...

The thing that wears me and many people down about the UK is the constant bad news, terrorism, more snooping, more cameras, underperforming schools, police, dumbing down, some new way of taxation or charging, over population and uncontrolled immigration, influential people getting some advantage, talentless shallow people and tv, many people in money traps, not free to move because can't save money or housing too expensive, petrol and car taxes, congestion...sometimes the weather. I was happy to leave many of those things behind or hearing people moaning about them all the time. On a short trip you maybe feel detached from much of this, you are not getting the bills dropping through the door or paying £50 quid to fill your car (£10 for me in the UAE)...

Not meant to be moaning (yes, doing a good job I know!) but whilst I acknowledge many good things about the UK it's the attitude and oppressive barrage of bad news that wears the people and the country collectively down. Couple this with the do-gooders and the over-zealous policing stiffling peoples pride in the country. Shame, make it a bit cheaper and the UK really isn't so bad a place.
Excellent post BC and I wish you well on your return to the UK.

The things I have highlighted we live with here in Australia also.
Old May 4th 2008, 2:41 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Well to me, you were still condescending. You don't know Crystal, you know nothing of her circumstances, life, family and fiends etc., but somehow you know she will be back. Pfft.

Just remember that people all over the world move to foreign countries to work or just for the experience and, many, many return to their birth country, it's not just an Australian phenomena.

Cheers SGG. Couldn't be bothered to reply to MM.

The irony is that I used to live in the same suburb in SA as he does God knows I may even have met him. Also not sure why he thinks I would be using the company he works for to ship back as I won't be

Have you ever seen that TV programme Grumpy Old Men........
Old May 4th 2008, 3:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
Cheers SGG. Couldn't be bothered to reply to MM.

The irony is that I used to live in the same suburb in SA as he does God knows I may even have met him. Also not sure why he thinks I would be using the company he works for to ship back as I won't be

Have you ever seen that TV programme Grumpy Old Men........
Well you can't miss him, that's him in his avatar. I think mm owns the company.

I'd like to have a chat with you when you have the time. I'll PM you my email addy and if you chat on msn, perhaps you could add me to your contacts?
Old May 4th 2008, 10:29 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Watcha Mrs....

Hope you had a coffee in Cafe Uno and thought of me - keep a table warm when you get back, I'll be over for a visit before you know it!

You know what my thoughts on you moving back are...you do what you feel is right for you and your family.

Will deffo come for a visit afore ye go..

Take care sweetie,

D D xxxx