2 Months back already!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Months back already!

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
That's just fantastic news and thankyou for taking the time to fill us all in.
Myself and family are also returning next week.
We are stopping with my mum and my two will be sharing .They will be fine.
We have so much top look forawrd to just hope its not going to be a nighmare with housing as we sold ours before we came out here .Worse decision we made,but there you go.
We still have our business here so at least we have something of an investment.
Anyway really glad its all worked out .I hope that in a few months I too will be saying no regrets.We shall see.!
The house prices are a killer but I guess that you can't keep thinking about what you have lost. You must look at the experience that you have gained.
I hope that you have a great trip back. Are you flying straight through or stopping off?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Woody .We are stopping in Hong Kong for 2 full days.Cannot wait must get some serious shopping done and get into the swing of it for my return.Hong Kong is supposed to be amazing.
Better not spend too much as I have a house to save for.lol.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:06 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by woodyinoz

I am going out running 3 days a week in the countryside. I am managing about 4 miles at the moment. I haven't been mugged yet

hey careful, theres still time!!!
Glad you are enjoying being back, it's great isnt it.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:50 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you're feeling happy and settled.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Well you are making me feel very unfit especially as I spend far too much time on this computer and I have Pizza for tea

Really pleased you have settled back in so well - good for you!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

I did use a pedometer the other week for my run but it broke so I worked it out on google maps. Great site with heaps of detail. You can even plan a run around the pubs
My friend is putting me forward for a marathon so I have a fair bit more training to do. The running isn't the problem... it's the time it takes everyday.
Not been on for ages and saw your post Woody, glad its all going so well for you.
Hey, my son is doing the Flora marathon on 22nd April for the first time!
He has been training like mad running everywhere!
Good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:07 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Not been on for ages and saw your post Woody, glad its all going so well for you.
Hey, my son is doing the Flora marathon on 22nd April for the first time!
He has been training like mad running everywhere!
Good luck
Crikey...this is a name from the past!!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

hammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Fantastic news that you're doing so well back HOME!!!!!!!

I bet the weather will be picking up soon and you've got daffs everywhere and the hedgerows are looking beautiful? It'll be summer before you know it, long summer evenings without mozzies and flies, sat in a beer garden drinking proper beer, in a country village...heaven!

You took the gamble of coming here, and you've taken the gamble of going home. I'm so happy for you that this last one is paying off big time. Long may it continue for you all.
I've been all over the world as a child, yet Home is still Blighty. Very uplifting post, thank you.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you are all settled back in the UK Woody. I must say miuch as I am happy here I do still miss the green countryside of the UK.
Have fun.
Nicky
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:10 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

I must apologize to all on here. I promised to keep in constant contact when I returned but I haven't. Is it because life here is horrid and I am too embarrassed to admit my mistake - NO.. We are still having a ball.

for those that don't know my story: We sold up and left Melbourne after 3 1/2 years back in December. We spent 6 weeks touring Australia, Thailand and Bruno and had a fantastic time. We arrived in the UK January 25th and I have to say that I have only had one hour where I wondered if I had done the correct thing.

We managed to find work very easily. I am now working 3,4 days a week part time fitting fairly well around the school. The work is fun and varied and the pay is good! Hubby is still contracting at a stupidly high rate. They are looking at extended his contract or taking him on full time soon.

We are still living with my mother and the 3 girls have accepted to share a room. We looked into rented but we have taken the plunge and brought a house. We are hoping to move in a few weeks although the vendors keep changing their minds if they are selling every now and then:curse: the contracts are nearly ready to sign so fingers crossed.

I am going out running 3 days a week in the countryside. I am managing about 4 miles at the moment. I haven't been mugged yet

The girls have settled very well at school and the only issues are that they are finding the work too easy There was some dumb kid that brought a knife in last week and the police were called straight away to deal with it. Apart from that they are having a ball. The eldest who began to hate school in Australia is now trying 100% she is proud of her work again and is hoping to go to Oxford uni in many, many years! time to save I think.

House prices are impossible and I really wish that we had kept ours many years ago as it would be a fantastic investment. Saying that we like many have managed to get back on the ladder. Luckily we still had a little inheritance tied up in property which is being released. The house that we are buying is in a small village near Watership down. There is a primary and secondary school here plus a pub

My social life is now awesome. The pubs are brilliant. We often start an evening in one playing pool then we head to the up market wine bars. We always seem to end up at the same dodgy, dark pub that is fast becoming a local to us. The music is great and the people so friendly, you can just chill out before heading home. I am now going out so much that my kids complain that they never see me! My relationship with my family is brilliant and my sister and I have become firm buddies again. We are off to Scotland next week. 2 adults and 7 children, thank goodness for these holiday parks that provide entertainment.

I don't regret my move to Australia although it nearly cost me my marriage. Luckily I managed to persuade hubby to come back before I really became a moody cow... since being back he has never had a regret. He enjoys work, socializing (sometimes even with me) and our marriage is stronger than ever. I do miss living in Sassafras but not the fear of bush fires and the damp in the winter. lack of heating, flies and all the rest that came with it. I am so content now that I am home though.

I wish all of you coming back the best of luck. I also hope that those still in limbo can soon find a place to call home! I know England isn't for everyone and I hope that those people can settle and be as happy as I am.xx
Thanks for the update woody, It's good to hear the UK hasn't gone to hell and back in the last couple of years as some would have you believe. Now I shall unsubscribe from this thread as it's not good reading when you have a gun in the cupboard and are stuck here in hell on the rectum of humanity. Only another 15000 PC's to sell and I can tourch this place and buy a one way ticket.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Thanks for the update woody, It's good to hear the UK hasn't gone to hell and back in the last couple of years as some would have you believe. Now I shall unsubscribe from this thread as it's not good reading when you have a gun in the cupboard and are stuck here in hell on the rectum of humanity. Only another 15000 PC's to sell and I can tourch this place and buy a one way ticket.
Do you know when you are going to be able to sell up? It's a horrid feeling to feel like you are trapped with things completely out of your control. Have you sold the farm yet?

Today I managed 7 miles running in the country side with my middle daughter riding her bike. We only saw 3 cars and saw some drop dead gorgeous houses... how the other half live hey..

Drove back from Scotland last night. Took 11 hours in all including many wee stops for my eldest:curse: was a great drive though although the M6 got closed just as we got on... some daft people can't drive!

The trip to Scotland was fantastic and I really saw some inspiring scenery. I thought that the UK was meant to be dull! in the 2 full days we had there we went horse riding around a castle and took a speed boat trip of some islands. We not only came away with kids grinning and loving the disco entertainment but we had sunburn...Scotland and April I have now decided that we must go up again and soon. It beat Australia hands down
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know when you are going to be able to sell up? It's a horrid feeling to feel like you are trapped with things completely out of your control. Have you sold the farm yet?

Today I managed 7 miles running in the country side with my middle daughter riding her bike. We only saw 3 cars and saw some drop dead gorgeous houses... how the other half live hey..

Drove back from Scotland last night. Took 11 hours in all including many wee stops for my eldest:curse: was a great drive though although the M6 got closed just as we got on... some daft people can't drive!

The trip to Scotland was fantastic and I really saw some inspiring scenery. I thought that the UK was meant to be dull! in the 2 full days we had there we went horse riding around a castle and took a speed boat trip of some islands. We not only came away with kids grinning and loving the disco entertainment but we had sunburn...Scotland and April I have now decided that we must go up again and soon. It beat Australia hands down
oh woody you sound so happy thats great - you are doing so well and must be an inspiration for those about to come back. got a bit sunburnt today - hard to believe this time of year There are a lot of good places and people about, nothing like the hype tries to portray.
Arkon - hope you arent on ignore! you are one of those people i want to be able to just grab, force on a plane and make u go back now to put you out of your misery. As its so bad, do you really have to wait until PCs are sold? cant you sell them from a UK base? I know you may loose a lot of money - but what price sanity? Come back asap - you will get ill!
c
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:33 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

The farm just went to Auction, Cost me 5k to put it to Auction and there was no interest at all. So I am now well and truely stuck here. Can't even give it away. Plan is to rent the land out. Live in the house till I've made a few bob. Then maybe rent that out too. Wait 7 or 8 years for the supposed upturn in the market then try and sell it again.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:39 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by chance to be
oh woody you sound so happy thats great - you are doing so well and must be an inspiration for those about to come back. got a bit sunburnt today - hard to believe this time of year There are a lot of good places and people about, nothing like the hype tries to portray.
Arkon - hope you arent on ignore! you are one of those people i want to be able to just grab, force on a plane and make u go back now to put you out of your misery. As its so bad, do you really have to wait until PCs are sold? cant you sell them from a UK base? I know you may loose a lot of money - but what price sanity? Come back asap - you will get ill!
c
Things arn't quite so simple I'm affraid. The best estimate to rent the place out is $300 a week and I think that's pushing it where we are. so thats a 1.5% return on the money and frankly not enough for me to rent somewhere else, especially not in the UK which is where I want to be. Other personal things complicate it all too and at the moment there is no end in sight. The good thing is winter is comming and that, apart from the dark very early nights suits me better.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
The good thing is winter is comming and that, apart from the dark very early nights suits me better.
But you get those in summer too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.