2 Months back already!

Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:08 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Months back already!

I've never been homesick...but I do miss sitting in the garden listening to the bird song and church bells...what silly things we miss...

Nice to read your story about going home...good luck with the house...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Sorry to rub it in too. I have just finished a 6.6 mile run in the countryside. ..:
Just out of interest, how do you know it was 6.6 miles?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Just out of interest, how do you know it was 6.6 miles?
I did use a pedometer the other week for my run but it broke so I worked it out on google maps. Great site with heaps of detail. You can even plan a run around the pubs
My friend is putting me forward for a marathon so I have a fair bit more training to do. The running isn't the problem... it's the time it takes everyday.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Okay okay you lot.....enough already!!!

I've just discovered today, I MIGHT be home by Christmas 2008. I HOPE.
Great news!

Hope all goes to plan, and that you definately will be home by then.

All the best.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:22 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I did use a pedometer the other week for my run but it broke so I worked it out on google maps. Great site with heaps of detail. You can even plan a run around the pubs
My friend is putting me forward for a marathon so I have a fair bit more training to do. The running isn't the problem... it's the time it takes everyday.

Great to hear it's all going positively!! Keep us updated!!

By the way - there was a bush fire over in the Dandenongs last week - I could see it from the lovely shopping mall car park I was in - and the fire was around the road that goes through Sassafras!! Bet you were glad you weren't there then!!!

Last edited by MrsB; Mar 27th 2007 at 11:24 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:27 pm

I will try and beat you to it!! I'm aiming for March 2008, it was supposed to be June 2007 - but like you - we are tied up with further education until the end of the year.

I've given up trying to plan going back and fitting around the school year. Initially I thought going back in June/July would be good as the kids could start a new school year - but what the heck - they'll have to fit in whatever time it happens to be.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I will try and beat you to it!! I'm aiming for March 2008, it was supposed to be June 2007 - but like you - we are tied up with further education until the end of the year.

I've given up trying to plan going back and fitting around the school year. Initially I thought going back in June/July would be good as the kids could start a new school year - but what the heck - they'll have to fit in whatever time it happens to be.
Great post Mrs Best.

I too am planning my return around the school year, it is tricky, so I might take your approach.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Great post Mrs Best.

I too am planning my return around the school year, it is tricky, so I might take your approach.
Well, for us - the first thing to plan around is when's the best time for job hunting - as it's quiet around Xmas/New Year and again in summer. Once a job is sorted - everything else will just have to happen as and when!!

Thought you were on a life sentence anyways?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, for us - the first thing to plan around is when's the best time for job hunting - as it's quiet around Xmas/New Year and again in summer. Once a job is sorted - everything else will just have to happen as and when!!

Thought you were on a life sentence anyways?
I am supposed to be, but with any luck, if I can manage it, I will go back for a while (probably not forever unfortunately).
There is alot of complicated planning to do with regards to work and schools.
But I really really want to go, even if it is only for one school term, but I would prefer a year. This will give us a chance to see if it is preferable to living here.
I think I would be wise to check it out before committing the whole family to a permanent move. We have jobs here, schools, house etc, the perfect set up - except it isn't "perfect" because I am homesick.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2 Months back already!

That's just fantastic news and thankyou for taking the time to fill us all in.
Myself and family are also returning next week.
We are stopping with my mum and my two will be sharing .They will be fine.
We have so much top look forawrd to just hope its not going to be a nighmare with housing as we sold ours before we came out here .Worse decision we made,but there you go.
We still have our business here so at least we have something of an investment.
Anyway really glad its all worked out .I hope that in a few months I too will be saying no regrets.We shall see.!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I am supposed to be, but with any luck, if I can manage it, I will go back for a while (probably not forever unfortunately).
There is alot of complicated planning to do with regards to work and schools.
But I really really want to go, even if it is only for one school term, but I would prefer a year. This will give us a chance to see if it is preferable to living here.
I think I would be wise to check it out before committing the whole family to a permanent move. We have jobs here, schools, house etc, the perfect set up - except it isn't "perfect" because I am homesick.
Where there's a will - there's a way!

If you really really want to go back, work at it, plan it, and it will happen!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely spiffing post, so happy for you.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:38 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you can see a light at the end of tunnel now, all the best to you!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:48 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmm.. bit of a dampner though reading the paper yesterday; House Prices Fall and the interest rates are set to go up.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear it's all going positively!! Keep us updated!!

By the way - there was a bush fire over in the Dandenongs last week - I could see it from the lovely shopping mall car park I was in - and the fire was around the road that goes through Sassafras!! Bet you were glad you weren't there then!!!
I was wondering when you was heading back! Are you still sure of your return and where you are heading?
I have been following the bush fire saga. I am so glad that we sold prior to the season. We had a feeling that it was going to be a dry one. Has the summer been good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.