Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

$2300 to take a dog from Qld to LHR

$2300 to take a dog from Qld to LHR

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default $2300 to take a dog from Qld to LHR

I know we have discussed pets and pet carriers at length on here but what I was wondering was how much everybody had paid so far it has cost me $560 for all the injections, blood work and paper word but have now recieved a quote from dogtainers for $2300 for the actual flight and crate. Is that sound right to everyone else? Ps she is 1.7kg and smaller than a cat.

thanks in advance nicola
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $2300 to take a dog from Qld to LHR

Morning Nic! I had a quote for my two cats and one's quite saggy and chubby and it came to the same price. That was from Dogtainers too.

They are an excellent company by all accounts.....and Tink is worth it!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Morning Nic! I had a quote for my two cats and one's quite saggy and chubby and it came to the same price. That was from Dogtainers too.

They are an excellent company by all accounts.....and Tink is worth it!!!
That was a good price. My quote for 2 cats (one fat cat, one tiny cat) was $2900. With Bluecross.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Can't tell you if those quotes are right as I didn't come back from Oz, but I've spent about $US10,000 on Suzy so far (flights, PETs scheme, quarantine) and she's been worth every red cent. If/when I go back, she'll be making her last transAtlantic flight - unless we go via QM2, that is.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sunny Devon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicola411
I know we have discussed pets and pet carriers at length on here but what I was wondering was how much everybody had paid so far it has cost me $560 for all the injections, blood work and paper word but have now recieved a quote from dogtainers for $2300 for the actual flight and crate. Is that sound right to everyone else? Ps she is 1.7kg and smaller than a cat.

thanks in advance nicola
Hi
Again cant say how much from OZ to LHR but we came out 7 months ago and total cost including blood work up etc and flights, quarantine it was £3100, so it sounds like that is a good price in comparison.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys. She is off to the vets this morning to have her baby molars pulled out as her big teeth have arrived and the little ones havent fallen out poor little thing.