Guess the GBP-AUD rate competition... 11th NOV

Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess the GBP-AUD rate competition... 11th NOV

Congratulations MrsFychan!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 6:45 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you, so excited

Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloyd.B
So....we have a new bearer of the crown this week with a very close prediction...

The rate as of 4pm was 1.7194 with the winner putting their prediction down yesterday which means they win £ 20's worth of Amazon vouchers to blow on what they wish....

...so to keep you waiting no longer...this weeks winner is..... MrsFychan with a prediction of 1.7199!

Thanks again to everyone that took part again this week and we look forward to putting your currency expertise to the test next week...whether you fancy yourself as a dab-hand at predicting the rates or just throw in a guess for good measure...it's definitely worth getting involved! You never know you could be crowned next weeks winner!

Look forward to seeing what you guys will be predicting for next weeks competition.

Stay classy British Expats!!!

Lloyd

T's&C's: No currency company, BE member working as a professional in the currency industry or employee for Excel Currencies or associates can enter (as we'd like to think we'd win every week!). Only one guess per BE member, if you guess more than once, we will only accept your first guess. Members that enter the competition must have 5 or more posts on BE to prevent competition being spammed. Entries will be removed for any member with less than 5 posts. For the competition we will be using the live stream of the inter-bank rate that is scrolling on the homepage of our website http://www.excelcurrencies.com/.
Without wishing to put a dampener on anything...... and I know that your decision is final, but may I respectfully suggest a Steward's Enquiry might be in order? I understood the rules to state that "..... if you guess more than once, we will only accept your first guess....." .
I believe that MrsFychan had 3 guesses this week. The first 1.7077 was on November 11 at 7:36 p.m., the second 1.6999 was on November 12 at 9:12 p.m. and the third (and winning) 1.7199 was on November 14 at 7:30 p.m.

Incidentally, for anyone wondering, it doesn't affect my guess as I was quite a bit away!

If I have misunderstood either MrsFychan's guesses or the rules, then I stand corrected and offer my profound apologies.

Last edited by Bluenose1; Nov 16th 2013 at 9:41 am. Reason: Re-checked my facts!
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Where are these rules I can't see them at the beginning of this thread. Nor a link to those rules .Just that same rules apply.

May I suggest that the rules - t&c - are there at the start of each thread, or a link to those rules, so each new player coming in can easily see them.

I'd also suggest then, that there are 2 winners this week. The first correct guess and MrsF's guess which was accepted by your company.

Call that being 'moderate'.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 10:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Where are these rules I can't see them at the beginning of this thread. Nor a link to those rules .Just that same rules apply.
Lloyd did put them at the beginning of last weeks competition, but I think he was away out of the office for a few days, and so Dan posted this weeks competition and probably inadvertently missed them off.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 11:09 pm
`

That's naughty. . Everyone on BE knows that if you go on leave , you take your BE with you like a comfy blankie.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 11:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

That's naughty. . Everyone on BE knows that if you go on leave , you take your BE with you like a comfy blankie.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also suggest then, that there are 2 winners this week. The first correct guess and MrsF's guess which was accepted by your company.

Call that being 'moderate'.
Personally, I'd let MrsF have a prize just for her celebration alone...... definitely worth the (non)entrance fee!

Incidentally and for everyone's edification..... if you look at the signature from Lloyd's email announcing the winning entry, it does mention the T's&C's in there and about the first guess being accepted!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 2:07 pm
BE Currency Exchange Vendor

Lloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really nice

:Hi guys,

Sue bought the above to my attention this morning....firstly I would like to say that Bluenose1 is absolutely right in the observation made and MrsFychan did have more than one guess with this competition, with her first one not being correct....which ultimately means that she is not the winner. Our T's & C's are stated on all the other competition posts over the weeks, however the T's and C's were not stated when the competition thread was started last week so as a good will gesture (because we're extremely nice like that ) ...we are going to have two winners for last weeks competition as we already announced MrsFychan as the winner on Friday. MrsFychan will still receive the prize stated on Friday, but we will have to pass last weeks competition crown to.....'A Rush And A Push'

'A Rush And A Push' made a guess of 1.7206.. also guessed on Thursday this means the winning prize is also £ 20's worth of Amazon gift vouchers!

Sorry for the confusion and the lack of vigilance on our behalf last week and I can guarantee the T's & C's will be shown very clearly on every competition post that is put up in the future!

p.s....Mrs Fychan...the celebratory video definitely deserves a prize!!! "Alllllrighty then!!!!!"

Lloyd

Last edited by Lloyd.B; Nov 18th 2013 at 2:18 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a celebratory video, but , looks like the kids will get an extra £20 worth of pressies this Christmas.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:21 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lloyd
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:29 pm
`

Two NZ forum winners

Have some NZ BE karma guys You've done the NZ forum proud
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Currency Exchange Vendor

Lloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really niceLloyd.B is just really nice

Two NZ forum winners

Have some NZ BE karma guys You've done the NZ forum proud
Seems like the New Zealanders are cleaning up!!!