Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Job Offer - Opinion Needed

Abu Dhabi Job Offer - Opinion Needed

Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

thegame558 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Job Offer - Opinion Needed

Hi All,

I am newbie to the forum...native of India..will appreciate if any of you guys help me out with the below query. few days back got an offer from one of the firms in Abu Dhabi. Wanted to know a few answers with respect to salary and Abu Dhabi work culture. the company is based at Corniche...i would be preferring to have a place nearby..

Below is the breakup of the salary
Basic: 10000 AED p.m.
Gratuity: 15% of basic p.m
Accommodation: 100000 AED per annum
Car loan: 100000 AED (to be repaid in EMI over 4 years without interest)
Furniture allowance: 25000 AED (one time)
Annual leave: 25 working days
water & electricity: to be paid by company (if company accommodation is taken ) - i have the option of selecting my own apartment for which the company had over the rent amount to me)
school & registration: maximum 12000 AED/child/year (max 2 child)
school & university allowance: maximum 12000 AED/child/year (max 2 child)

Guys..I am single right now...but may be i'll be married in 2 years time for which the letter mentions an additional allowance of 1200 AED p.m and 10000 AED increase in the accommodation.

Query:
1.) is the accommodation allowance provided enough to be in city like Abu Dhabi...or should i negotiate? (please provide some approx. figure)
2.) How long the process takes usually (all visa processing, medical n stuff) assuming that i accept the offer tomorrow?
3.) The profile is for analyst role (finance) - is this salary good enough for someone with 6 years of experience
4.) How does the grading system works here...i have been offered P1 grade
5.) What about the work permit rules in Abu Dhabi? the letter says 2 year contract which will be renewed every time...can i consider this as a permanent job.

Guys, I need to give confirmation in another 3-4 days. I will be very appreciative of you all if you could share your experience while answering my queries above at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Toon_army is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Job Offer - Opinion Needed

1.) is the accommodation allowance provided enough to be in city like Abu Dhabi...or should i negotiate? (please provide some approx. figure)
I think it’s a bit low, you need between 150-200k for a decent accommodation
2.) How long the process takes usually (all visa processing, medical n stuff) assuming that i accept the offer tomorrow?
The “process” is to get an offer. After you accept the offer then you can arrange the flight do your medical, residency.. etc Some companies provide temp accommodation for some time until you rent your own. 3.) The profile is for analyst role (finance) - is this salary good enough for someone with 6 years of experience
No idea. I work in oil& gas. And I you were in our line of work I would’ve said it’s low. In general, compare your total offer (basic + allowances) Vs your current salary after tax. The offer is good if you‘ll be making 60-100% min above your current salary in my opinion 4.) How does the grading system works here...i have been offered P1 grade
No idea. Is this a government firm? In oil and gas the grades are reversed i.e. a senior engineer will be on grade 13-16.
5.) What about the work permit rules in Abu Dhabi? the letter says 2 year contract which will be renewed every time...can i consider this as a permanent job.
No this is a definite contract i.e. for a definite period of time (also referred to as a fixed term contract). In this case if you should get say 20k on a permanent you should make double that on a definite contract. Normally companies in the ME renegotiate the contract before renewal.