Zebra Crossings

Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:22 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zebra Crossings

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Never heard of that rule...
Apologies, in the UK it's merely implied... in France (where I got my license) it's more specific - they define "sufficient speed to overtake" as being 20kmph over that of the vehicle to be overtaken and the manoeuvre should be completed within 250m (10 seconds).

/yawn... HIghway Code

French Highway Code
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Apologies, in the UK it's merely implied... in France (where I got my license) it's more specific - they define "sufficient speed to overtake" as being 20kmph over that of the vehicle to be overtaken and the manoeuvre should be completed within 250m (10 seconds).

/yawn... HIghway Code

French Highway Code
Can't read the french one but I think those 'rules' are for overtaking that puts you in the path of oncoming traffic or other hazards hence the "check it's safe and if so - don't muck about, do it and get back into the correct lane" type of implications.
Undertaking isn't very common on roads with 1 lane in each direction except for undertaking right turning vehicles

Don't think it's intended for multi-lane highways where oppossing flows are divided with barriers which is the situation i'm referring to and where undertaking is common (granted technically illegal but common nonetheless)....i.e.motorways.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:15 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Can't read the french one but I think those 'rules' are for overtaking that puts you in the path of oncoming traffic or other hazards hence the "check it's safe and if so - don't muck about, do it and get back into the correct lane" type of implications.
Undertaking isn't very common on roads with 1 lane in each direction except for undertaking right turning vehicles

Don't think it's intended for multi-lane highways where oppossing flows are divided with barriers which is the situation i'm referring to and where undertaking is common (granted technically illegal but common nonetheless)....i.e.motorways.
perhaps, but in the interests of avoiding road-rage, it's a good principle to try to stick to, regardless of how big the road is.

Anyhow... enough already. Let's move on to religion!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
perhaps, but in the interests of avoiding road-rage, it's a good principle to try to stick to, regardless of how big the road is.

Anyhow... enough already. Let's move on to religion!
Is it legal to undertake muslims?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:24 pm
ex-expat

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you Bison in disguise? Under-taking is inherently dangerous and illegal in every country that I know of. Have you not heard of the "blind spot"?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shadya
Are you Bison in disguise? Under-taking is inherently dangerous and illegal in every country that I know of. Have you not heard of the "blind spot"?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Are you a Jew?!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Under-taking is inherently dangerous and illegal in every country that I know of. Have you not heard of the "blind spot"?
Rubbish - if you actually turn to check over your shoulder, which you should anyway, over or undertaking, then it's fine.
And it's def not illegal in the US on the 'freeways'.