Reload this Page >

Your input is needed!!

Your input is needed!!

Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaEng is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Your input is needed!!

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but have been up to date on all your posts/catfights

I need your valuable opinion on something important. I'm pondering a managerial position in a high-tech, well known, international company in Saudi Arabia. The position would be a promotion for me (I have two years engineering experience). I'm very curious as to what kind of a salary/package I should expect. I know what I would like but I'm not sure what is a reasonable range/package for such a position in the KSA.

Anything in particular I should watch out for in relation to signing a contract? I've read something about the English contract you sign back home not matching the Arabic one you sign once you arrive. Is that a common problem? If so, would it be reasonable to ask the potential employer to give me a copy of the Arabic contract before signing anything to make sure it matches what we agreed on?

Thanks in advance for your help, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

CE
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:17 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Your input is needed!!

Originally Posted by CanadaEng
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but have been up to date on all your posts/catfights

I need your valuable opinion on something important. I'm pondering a managerial position in a high-tech, well known, international company in Saudi Arabia. The position would be a promotion for me (I have two years engineering experience). I'm very curious as to what kind of a salary/package I should expect. I know what I would like but I'm not sure what is a reasonable range/package for such a position in the KSA.

Anything in particular I should watch out for in relation to signing a contract? I've read something about the English contract you sign back home not matching the Arabic one you sign once you arrive. Is that a common problem? If so, would it be reasonable to ask the potential employer to give me a copy of the Arabic contract before signing anything to make sure it matches what we agreed on?

CE
Generally, from wot I know, Saudi packages for expats tend to be very high paying as it is meant as a way to lure in foreign workers........ lets face it... Saudi isnt the most popular work destination or destination of any sort for that matter.

Dunno how contracts work in the Kingdom, but I suspect that the contract, be it in English or Arabic will be identical. It shud be.... if it isnt I wud demand identicalness if I were u. Dont get tricked into anything.... Saudi isnt the most hospitable nation.

Some people on here have experience working out there and I am sure they will give some concrete feedback on the legalities surroundng Saudi job contracts.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:44 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaEng
Hi everyone,

CE
I was working for a tech company out there.
Package was 700 quid a day, plus secure villa at Cordoba with maid, plus car and driver, plus bonus at the end of the year.
You MUST check that the company are not going to withold your passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some companies do, so that you cannot leave.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Face81
Generally, from wot I know, Saudi packages for expats tend to be very high paying as it is meant as a way to lure in foreign workers........ lets face it... Saudi isnt the most popular work destination or destination of any sort for that matter.

Dunno how contracts work in the Kingdom, but I suspect that the contract, be it in English or Arabic will be identical. It shud be.... if it isnt I wud demand identicalness if I were u. Dont get tricked into anything.... Saudi isnt the most hospitable nation.

Some people on here have experience working out there and I am sure they will give some concrete feedback on the legalities surroundng Saudi job contracts.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Face for your feedback. I knew already that the packages for expats in KSA were high, but wasn't sure how high.

I will definately pay attention to every fine detail. If I take this job I will be working for a highly reputable company so I wouldn't expect them to ever cheat me, but always better safe than sorry. Thanks again Face.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I was working for a tech company out there.
Package was 700 quid a day, plus secure villa at Cordoba with maid, plus car and driver, plus bonus at the end of the year.
You MUST check that the company are not going to withold your passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some companies do, so that you cannot leave.
Hi JD

Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I need, figures. I will post this passport question to them, would never want to hand over my passport to anyone. :scared:
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:20 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jammy_Dodgers]
, plus secure villa at Cordoba with maid,

Oooh almost had the temptation to start another maid thread there :scared: Managed to resist though
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Not with Bae or McDonnell Douglas is it Eng ?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Not with Bae or McDonnell Douglas is it Eng ?
No it's not...........why? Horror stories? :scared:
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Come on guys, would really appreciate more feedback especially from those working/worked in Saudi Arabia.