Yo Millhouse

Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yo Millhouse

I'm back from the holidays, completely refreshed (er, um, maybe not. Still struggling with the 5 AM landing time and turning up at the office at 8 AM).

Now that you're in DXB what do you make of our end of the sandpit compared to the Ab Dhabs?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yo Millhouse

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I'm back from the holidays, completely refreshed (er, um, maybe not. Still struggling with the 5 AM landing time and turning up at the office at 8 AM).

Now that you're in DXB what do you make of our end of the sandpit compared to the Ab Dhabs?
I'm still finding my feet, but...

* DIFC, Dragon Mart and the LuLu near MOE are awesome
* Housing is way way better
* People here seem to have an attitude problem - just not as friendly
* Driving here is worse than AD (which I didn't think was possible)
* The roads are great, no bloody traffic lights, but far too many cameras (I was going to buy a mustang but won't bother now - no point)
* The signposts are shit. One wrong turn and there is no going back for 30mins.

I like the place, but miss the closeness of AD. I quite liked Satwa for it's run-down AD feel!

Needless to say, I have been using google earth a lot recently. Not tried the bars yet, only a quick run up to JBR last weekend for a booze free curry.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yo Millhouse

I was just in Singapore for a few days, capping off two weeks in Borneo. It's fantastic to be able to have a large tiger or heineken beer with your dirt cheap street food, whilst sitting outside watching the world swirl around you.

Alas, not in the DXB.

Closest is probably Ravi's in Satwa for the curry and kebabs and then jump across the roundabout to Rydges for beer in the rather dodgy Aussie Legends.

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I'm still finding my feet, but...
I like the place, but miss the closeness of AD. I quite liked Satwa for it's run-down AD feel!

Needless to say, I have been using google earth a lot recently. Not tried the bars yet, only a quick run up to JBR last weekend for a booze free curry.