Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Yikes. I might be moving to KSA!

Yikes. I might be moving to KSA!

Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all
Default Yikes. I might be moving to KSA!

Scarey stuff! Im just finalising my contract for a job in Jeddah. I've been posting various questions and stuff on here, and negotiating with the Employers. last week they came back with a revised offer and managed to get a £15K increase from them. Not bad but still pushing for a little bit more, but the agency tells me that we will finish negotiations today. Either way im going!

So just the small issue of relocating the family over and starting them in school. but it looks like soon I will be an official member of the Middle East BE posse!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yikes. I might be moving to KSA!

Originally Posted by maranelloman
Scarey stuff! Im just finalising my contract for a job in Jeddah. I've been posting various questions and stuff on here, and negotiating with the Employers. last week they came back with a revised offer and managed to get a £15K increase from them. Not bad but still pushing for a little bit more, but the agency tells me that we will finish negotiations today. Either way im going!

So just the small issue of relocating the family over and starting them in school. but it looks like soon I will be an official member of the Middle East BE posse!
I spent 8 happy years on Mura Bustan Compound with its six swimming pools, squash courts, supermarket, restaurant and mostly European/Lebanese clientele. Watch out for some of the brand new compounds, however, as they may lack a community atmosphere. Good luck!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

great news maranelloman...sure you'll enjoy it...!

MM, xx
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lionheart
I spent 8 happy years on Mura Bustan Compound with its six swimming pools, squash courts, supermarket, restaurant and mostly European/Lebanese clientele. Watch out for some of the brand new compounds, however, as they may lack a community atmosphere. Good luck!
Its one of the compounds im considering. Thanks for the advice on that. Any thoughts on Sharbately Village?

Also anyone know anything about the British Continental School? Are there any other schools I should consider? Its a shame we are moving as my son has just started a prep school in the UK and has settled in superbly.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Its one of the compounds im considering. Thanks for the advice on that. Any thoughts on Sharbately Village?

Also anyone know anything about the British Continental School? Are there any other schools I should consider? Its a shame we are moving as my son has just started a prep school in the UK and has settled in superbly.
Did the move come as a surprise then...
Most kids settle very easy into their new surroundings, and the teachers are experienced in dealing with it...I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you are going to move then it's one of the consequenses that you cannot do anything about it.

Last edited by MataHari; Sep 17th 2007 at 12:13 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
Did the move come as a surprise then...
Most kids settle very easy into their new surroundings, and the teachers are experienced in dealing with it...I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you are going to move then it's one of the consequenses that you cannot do anything about it.
No the move was totally self inflicted! Im taking up a permie position with a Bank, to get away from the usual downside of living in the UK. I had only been looking in the Middle East with Saudi as my preference, so really im quite chuffed. Just the whole thing is begining to dawn on us now as its now a reality. Me and the mrs lived in Riyadh 5 years ago, but then we didnt have any kids so we just flew over with a suitcase. Now 2 kids later and with a lot of baggage, it looks like I'll be coming in Jan and the kids with follow in April.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

DOne. All agreed. Final package worked out, and paperwork begins. Im all excited!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

DOne. All agreed. Final package worked out, and paperwork begins. Im all excited!

Good luck, enjoy the ride....
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Good luck, enjoy the ride....
Thanks v much.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
do they need someone else with zero banking experience??
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Congrats!!
do they need someone else with zero banking experience??
No, that'll make two people blagging the role!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

No, that'll make two people blagging the role!
Trust me they will not no the difference....lol
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Trust me they will not no the difference....lol
lol
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Le pure is an unknown quantity at this point

lol
Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't already dive, then make sure you learn.

The West coast of KSA is fantastic for diving, especially up at Yanbu.

Jeddah has some good sites as well, the Al Bilad hotel private beach is very good. I'm off to the East coast for a few months in Oct, at least I will be a stones throw from Bahrain.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.