Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

yet another newbie

yet another newbie

Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

hard up__need more money is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yet another newbie

This place looks a bl**dy fun place to delve into everyday.

As you can guess from my title, another newbie to ask loads of questions.

having looked around the forum for a few days already before joining, most of the less trivial questions I was going to pose to you all have been answered;

housing
salary
car
where to live and where not to live

brief history, am looking at a couple of opportunities that are available to me employment in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Oman or Bahrain

the problem I have is that being stupid when younger, got in a massive mess with money, and had a bankruptcy order filed against me. with moving to the ME, is anybody sure on how this will affect me if at all. what can they get there hands on if i am in the ME. my house is already on the market to try and ease all my worries. any help or advice people may be able to offer is really helpful

Hard Up
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice
Default Re: yet another newbie

Originally Posted by hard up__need more money
This place looks a bl**dy fun place to delve into everyday.

As you can guess from my title, another newbie to ask loads of questions.

having looked around the forum for a few days already before joining, most of the less trivial questions I was going to pose to you all have been answered;

housing
salary
car
where to live and where not to live

brief history, am looking at a couple of opportunities that are available to me employment in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Oman or Bahrain

the problem I have is that being stupid when younger, got in a massive mess with money, and had a bankruptcy order filed against me. with moving to the ME, is anybody sure on how this will affect me if at all. what can they get there hands on if i am in the ME. my house is already on the market to try and ease all my worries. any help or advice people may be able to offer is really helpful

Hard Up
could you please let me know in detail i will help you out regarding this.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

hard up__need more money is an unknown quantity at this point

Raaj,

without giving all details, I have been made bankrupt by a creditor and would like to know what the Trustee can or cannot touch if I am in the ME, and what assistance they may be given if any from the authorities of the country that I am in

You could say I am trying a Jim Davidson, but obviously I am more funny
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:17 pm
W10

I wouldn't worry. This place it rammed full of Brits legging it from debts

Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

serious?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:30 pm
W10

deadly.

Really clever of them huh

Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I wouldn't worry. This place it rammed full of Brits legging it from debts
yeah I agree, you will be fine over here as long as you don't owe HSBC or Barclays anything as they are both here.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
deadly.

Really clever of them huh
see what i mean about sheltered - i had no idea

how can you spot them?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yeah I agree, you will be fine over here as long as you don't owe HSBC or Barclays anything as they are both here.
balls
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
how can you spot them?
that's the beauty of this place for them, you can't spot them, they look just like you and me, lol...

MM, xx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
balls
nope I aint got them
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK there is no extradition treaty between UAE & UK.

And just about everyone is funnier than Jim Davidson.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Just make sure you dont do the same thing over here! Bouncing cheques in the UAE is a criminal offence and will land you in jail. Debt from other countries is not their concern though.

If you want a car loan here you wont need to provide credit history from your home country.

Good luck with the debt dodge!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:34 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's the beauty of this place for them, you can't spot them, they look just like you and me, lol...

MM, xx
lol...some are easy to spot though...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...some are easy to spot though...
yeah, but that's got nothing to do with the way they look...!!!

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.