Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Yet another misconception(propanganda) dispelled

Wikiposts

Yet another misconception(propanganda) dispelled

Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:43 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another misconception(propanganda) dispelled

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Or why my cat had to have three hunting pellets from an air rifle removed from its chest, shoulder and back leg or his jaw re-set after he was kicked in the face?

Making the law is one thing, enforcing it is another....

Milo I take it? When did this happen?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
*astards!!!!! If I catch anyone harming my cats they will be given the same treatment.

No law is enforced out here, well none that I know of!
I only understand one thing about the law:
You can do anything,but just dont get caught......
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:35 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

I believe most of us could turn to being vegetarians if we really looked into how animals are slaughtered and treated (not just in the UAE, throughout the World). I can admit that I'm a complete hypercrite as I'd prefer not to know, and just see meat for what it is in the supermarket and try not to think as to where it has came from. I can see a young lamb gambling in a field and think how cute, then do home to a roast leg of lamb and try not to associate the two. However, I alway tryed to buy meat (when I lived in the UK), that had the RSPCA label on to prove the animal was treated to their standards.

I quote a line from a song called "Country Life by a folk band called Show of Hands (who I here you say? )

"out in the fields they look so sweet, we hate the blood, but we want the meat"

To all you veggies out there, you have my full respect - I couldn't do it.

Zx
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:20 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Then please tell me why its common pratice for goats to have thier teeth smashed in with rocks by children ..... Just for Jolly!

Common? Can you please tell me as to where I can witness that...?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:55 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
I To all you veggies out there, you have my full respect - I couldn't do it.

Zx

"Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of your religion, so fear them not, and fear Me. This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; but whoever is compelled by hunger, not inclining willfully to sin, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. " Holy Qu'ran 005.003

"And He created the cattle for you; you have in them warm clothing and (many) advantages, and of them do you eat." Holy Qu'ran 016.005

He it is Who sends down water from the cloud for you; it gives drink, and by it (grow) the trees upon which you pasture. Holy Qu'ran 016.011

Check this Scientific Proof: Please read this for the Benefits of your health and Your Family.

http://www.reiddds.com/scientifc_literature.html

©Copyright 2003 Dr. Joseph Mercola

"And most surely there is a lesson for you in the cattle: We make you to drink of what is in their bellies, and you have in them many advantages and of them you eat, Holy Qu'ran 023.021

"And We will aid them with fruit and flesh such as they desire Holy Qu'ran 052.022

Last edited by CasaNova; Nov 9th 2005 at 4:58 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:00 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Milo I take it? When did this happen?
This all happended about just over a year ago. We picked him up from the vets as our cat the evening he was treated for the pellets. His jaw had been reset earlier (not a great job though) as you can see from the pic below... But we think the dodgy tooth alignment gives him character...

They also were trying to house another kitten with three legs and one eye (kids had been throwing bricks at him at him and the injuries resulted in the loss of a leg and an eye). How sick have you got to be to inflict that kind of suffering on a kitten? I hate people like this and would love to see them punished within the bounds fo the law but realistically I know it's not going to happen.
Attached Thumbnails Yet another misconception(propanganda) dispelled-crop-milo-2-month-8-.jpg  

Last edited by Welivehere; Nov 9th 2005 at 5:09 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:29 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

*astards!!!!! If I catch anyone harming my cats they will be given the same treatment.

No law is enforced out here, well none that I know of!
You only have to see how well the animals in Dubai Zoo are looked after to see how much animal welfare does not exist beyond racing horses and falcons.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Nov 9th 2005 at 5:31 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You only have to see how well the animals in Dubai Zoo are looked after to see how much animal welfare does not exist beyond racing horses and falcons.

and Camels...!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasaNova
and Camels...!

I have seen the treatment off camels at races and it is nothing to boast about.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Benson
I have seen the treatment off camels at races and it is nothing to boast about.

If you say so.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
This all happended about just over a year ago. We picked him up from the vets as our cat the evening he was treated for the pellets. His jaw had been reset earlier (not a great job though) as you can see from the pic below... But we think the dodgy tooth alignment gives him character...

They also were trying to house another kitten with three legs and one eye (kids had been throwing bricks at him at him and the injuries resulted in the loss of a leg and an eye). How sick have you got to be to inflict that kind of suffering on a kitten? I hate people like this and would love to see them punished within the bounds fo the law but realistically I know it's not going to happen.

Hi,
That is so heart breaking . My daughter wants to 'sponsor a dog and a 'cat' as her birthday present. Can someone tell how one goes about this? Is anyone here a member of the Canine Friends/Feline Friends/SPCA in Dubai?? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anya

Last edited by IndieG; Nov 11th 2005 at 6:10 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:28 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case you didn't know, feline friends have organised their anual fund raising ball at the Dusit this Thursday, tickets AED300 - all you can eat/drink etc. I guess further details are on their website.

PS I'll be there, and I'm more of a dog person myself.
Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,
That is so heart breaking . My daughter wants to 'sponsor and a 'cat' as her birthday present. Can someone tell how one goes about this? Is anyone here a member of the Canine Friends/Feline Friends/SPCA in Dubai?? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anya
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Just in case you didn't know, feline friends have organised their anual fund raising ball at the Dusit this Thursday, tickets AED300 - all you can eat/drink etc. I guess further details are on their website.

PS I'll be there, and I'm more of a dog person myself.
My daughter and I prefer dogs to cats. But after reading those horrible things done to the poor cats, wanted to help them too!

Thanks will check out the website.

Anya
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:29 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,
That is so heart breaking . My daughter wants to 'sponsor a dog and a 'cat' as her birthday present. Can someone tell how one goes about this? Is anyone here a member of the Canine Friends/Feline Friends/SPCA in Dubai?? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anya

My dd did a sponsered dog walk with girl giudes last year... Both feline and K9 will accept with open arms any sponsers, and will even suggest that you foster for them until they can find a home for either a cat or dog.

050 3463760 Feline friends, dont have number to K9 .
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

I have heard to many tales of the Zoo, therefore I wouldnt waste my money. I cant handle animal cruelty in any manner!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.