Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Would you move to the UAE for less money ?

Would you move to the UAE for less money ?

Old May 12th 2018, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you move to the UAE for less money ?

Originally Posted by Grimps
Ive not got any plans to cause any trouble , I'm just hoping to have a good time and chill out for a year or two.

Ive been looking at places to stay , Al Bandar in Abu Dhabi or Dubai Marina are my preferences at the minute .
Al Bandar looks nice and isnt far from my place of work , The Marina has more going on and more nightlife but will mean I have an hour each way to drive.
I think I'll have to try a few weeks in hotels in each area first and see how I get on
remember you drive back and forth to work a hell of a lot more than you go out.
Old May 13th 2018, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grimps
Ive not got any plans to cause any trouble , I'm just hoping to have a good time and chill out for a year or two.

Ive been looking at places to stay , Al Bandar in Abu Dhabi or Dubai Marina are my preferences at the minute .
Al Bandar looks nice and isnt far from my place of work , The Marina has more going on and more nightlife but will mean I have an hour each way to drive.
I think I'll have to try a few weeks in hotels in each area first and see how I get on
I prefer Al Muneera to Al Bandar. Cheaper, apartments tend to have a better layout, much more choice in restaurants and there's the private beach. Downside is that it's much more family-orientated and you can't buy pork in the supermarket there (but it's a 5/10 minute walk to the Spinneys in Al Bandar).
Old May 13th 2018, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Grimps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gavtek
I prefer Al Muneera to Al Bandar. Cheaper, apartments tend to have a better layout, much more choice in restaurants and there's the private beach. Downside is that it's much more family-orientated and you can't buy pork in the supermarket there (but it's a 5/10 minute walk to the Spinneys in Al Bandar).
The whole Raha area looks nice , although being honest I've only viewed it online so far.
Would you reccomend it for a single guy ? or do you think id be better of commuting a little further into Town ?
Old May 13th 2018, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

If you like going out for a beer, there's not much. McGettigans at Raha Beach Hotel is about your only option. You may be better off closer to the Corniche, but there's not really one single area that's buzzing in the same way as Dubai Marina or Downtown Dubai. Depends how often you go out really, if you save it for the weekend, somewhere closer to work would be best. If you're out and about most weeknights, stay where the action is.
Old May 13th 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Grimps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gavtek
If you like going out for a beer, there's not much. McGettigans at Raha Beach Hotel is about your only option. You may be better off closer to the Corniche, but there's not really one single area that's buzzing in the same way as Dubai Marina or Downtown Dubai. Depends how often you go out really, if you save it for the weekend, somewhere closer to work would be best. If you're out and about most weeknights, stay where the action is.
Thanks mate
I might go out one night in the week but hopefully I’ll save it mainly for Weeknds.
I feel if I was going to live on the Corniche and travel 45 mins everyday then I might as well live in Dubai marina