Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Worst Drivers In Doobuyi!!

View Poll Results: Well, Who's The Worst
Westerners UK, Aus, Septics etc.
5.88%
Sub-Continentals, Indians, Pakistanis etc.
41.18%
Arabs, Saudi's Abu Dhabi etc.
47.06%
Far East, Philipino's Chinese etc.
0%
Casanova
5.88%
Expat women in a 4 x 4 in heels
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Worst Drivers In Doobuyi!!

Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:49 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst Drivers In Doobuyi!!

Having watched with great amusement over the last 7 months the crazy daisies going about their bumping and shunting antics like kids at Blackpool Dodgems! I though I'd post a tongue in cheek poll.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:06 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Drivers In Doobuyi!!

slow driver=bad driver afraid driver=worst driver....
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
slow driver=bad driver afraid driver=worst driver....
BOLL.OCKS
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:11 am
Feeling broody

alowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to beholdalowicious_28 is a splendid one to behold

No offence intended to anyone but....

Nationals = drive too fast
Pakistanis and Indians = drive dangerously :scared:
Westerners = either drive like they would at home or they take the attitude of 'If you can't beat them, join them' and start to drive like crazy people too.

Taxi drivers are the worst!!!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I guess 'worst' is open to interpretation.....

worst, as in the most frustrating, then i'd go for subcons
worst, as in most likely to kill those around them,...surely it's the locals.

how PC this thread is....
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:04 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
how PC this thread is....
Shall we take bets on how long it takes to get moved to TIO??

For my penneth (or fils) I reckon the Sub conts have no idea, drive far to quickly, too close, no signals (and often no brake lights either). I only presume that these are the subbies of course because the windows of the knackered toyota's are blacker than the inside of a coal house!

Arabs, the AD lot are absolutely mad, drive far too quick and swerve (probably whilst texting a western woman and hassling her for "nice friendship")

The Far easterners don't seem to drive much but can be found loitering on street corners in Bur Dubai.

The westerners are by far the most sensible, apart from when they're drunk!!

But that's the blokes, what about the women?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I just wish everyone would get out of my freakin' way!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:55 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

too fast to furious=good drivers! and ppl who think this is not true than should buy a bicycle.... or walk!

each time i am on the road, there is a driver on fast lane at 80 and then on the next right lane is at 60 and the slow lane is at 100... so i drive on slow lane 100 and then there is a big truck! how can i go on? yes i have to break and come behind the one at 60 and then slow down and then come to fast lane and then go back to right lane and then overtake the truck!

so.... hows that?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

too fast to furious=good drivers! and ppl who think this is not true than should buy a bicycle.... or walk!

each time i am on the road, there is a driver on fast lane at 80 and then on the next right lane is at 60 and the slow lane is at 100... so i drive on slow lane 100 and then there is a big truck! how can i go on? yes i have to break and come behind the one at 60 and then slow down and then come to fast lane and then go back to right lane and then overtake the truck!

so.... hows that?
I do the same as you - the so called 'slow lane' is usually the fastest.
The lane immediately right of the left lane /'fast lane' is usually the most packed....
but i'm not saying this is the way it should be.

solution is - everyone move right - not just one lane which effectively creates a moving barrier seperating the 'slow' lanes from the 'fast lane'.
if you're not overtaking....you move right...if you're still not overtaking - move right again....if you're the only car on the road you should be in the right most lane.
trouble is here everyone jumps in and out of the fast lane in leap frog fashion and the other 3 lanes remain relatively clear!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

then again....for most trips in dubai there's no need to be overtaking anyway....you don't get to you destination any faster and with everyone trying to pass everyone else it just creates turbulent traffic flows which in the long run make it slower for everyone.

spot the engineer!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:07 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boring, Boring, Boring! I think it should be a total free for all with no rules that are policed and anyone can get into their car and drive with absolutely no knowledge.

Wait a minute, it's already like that!

Bugger!
I do the same as you - the so called 'slow lane' is usually the fastest.
The lane immediately right of the left lane /'fast lane' is usually the most packed....
but i'm not saying this is the way it should be.

solution is - everyone move right - not just one lane which effectively creates a moving barrier seperating the 'slow' lanes from the 'fast lane'.
if you're not overtaking....you move right...if you're still not overtaking - move right again....if you're the only car on the road you should be in the right most lane.
trouble is here everyone jumps in and out of the fast lane in leap frog fashion and the other 3 lanes remain relatively clear!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:15 am
Banned

i have a very good solution for this problem! just bann all the female and gay drivers.... all the traffic will be fine.

how about that?

Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MJC
Boring, Boring, Boring! I think it should be a total free for all with no rules that are policed and anyone can get into their car and drive with absolutely no knowledge.

Wait a minute, it's already like that!

Bugger!
An example closely related to this topic....the other day I was in a taxi and we were stuck in slow moving traffic trying to get past a junction.
Taxi driver was saying that we should take the slip road off to the right and head down the other road - then do a u-turn and get back on original road at which point we'll be past the junction causing the problems.
Sounds good....we spent the next 5 mins with no traffic...averaging 100kph and taxi man feeling like we were making great progress...
But then when we joined the traffic again with my taxi driver thinking he was a legendary dubai driver I noticed we were 3 cars ahead of the jeep that used to be in front of us!.......half the problem was probably caused by people trying to re-merge after doing what my taxi driver had just done! eejiots!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:27 am
Banned

An example closely related to this topic....the other day I was in a taxi and we were stuck in slow moving traffic trying to get past a junction.
Taxi driver was saying that we should take the slip road off to the right and head down the other road - then do a u-turn and get back on original road at which point we'll be past the junction causing the problems.
Sounds good....we spent the next 5 mins with no traffic...averaging 100kph and taxi man feeling like we were making great progress...
But then when we joined the traffic again with my taxi driver thinking he was a legendary dubai driver I noticed we were 3 cars ahead of the jeep that used to be in front of us!.......half the problem was probably caused by people trying to re-merge after doing what my taxi driver had just done! eejiots!

dubai drivers are actually very stupid including the taxi driver! everyday i see people stuck on the jumeira beach rd in the peak hours! BUT how come i am never stuck? good question! because i know all the alternative roots... once i drove through some europeans garden and swimming pool by making by way through the houses...!

it took me 15mins to reach from Burj to diyafa road.

Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

i have a very good solution for this problem! just bann all the female and gay drivers.... all the traffic will be fine.

how about that?

The pedestrian traffic in shopping malls is the bigger issue.
It always seems to be me that has to get out of the way of a person coming in the opposite direction.
It really gets to me. I'm forever walking around people.
I hate malls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.