Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

working women in Dubai

working women in Dubai

Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:33 am
Just Joined

cooker007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working women in Dubai

are there any problems with my wife ( an Architect ) working in the UAE ???

what with the way they see women etc etc - anybody come across any probs ???

Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:49 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: working women in Dubai

Originally Posted by cooker007

I've been working here for a year and not come across any problems locally (I'm a finance manager). I deal with the bank, who are mostly local guys, and various local suppliers who are mostly Asian, and have had nothing but respect from all. The people in my office are Indian, Egyptian and English, and there's never been any issues with how they see me as a female manager.

My only problem was dealing with our head office in Beirut where I felt I had to work very hard to be taken seriously by them.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:52 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by kristy
I've been working here for a year and not come across any problems locally (I'm a finance manager). I deal with the bank, who are mostly local guys, and various local suppliers who are mostly Asian, and have had nothing but respect from all. The people in my office are Indian, Egyptian and English, and there's never been any issues with how they see me as a female manager.

My only problem was dealing with our head office in Beirut where I felt I had to work very hard to be taken seriously by them.
Kristy has had to work so hard that she has only managed to do 132 posts in about 3 weeks....

....also the whip I bought her helped her as well...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:55 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Kristy has had to work so hard that she has only managed to do 132 posts in about 3 weeks....

....also the whip I bought her helped her as well...
Oy, we're trying to be sensible here! And stop making whip/handcuff jokes else I might have to complain about you.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:05 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by kristy
Oy, we're trying to be sensible here! And stop making whip/handcuff jokes else I might have to complain about you.
I only mentioned a whip.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:15 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by cooker007

No. As Kirsty has explained, none at all. You're treated with utmost respect and to be honest, I do believe that in some situations it can be a big advantage.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
No. As Kirsty has explained, none at all. You're treated with utmost respect and to be honest, I do believe that in some situations it can be a big advantage.
and to be serious I totally agree with and back up both CP and Kristy on that score...