Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Britmal- so you're sitting on the fence then lol
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

No la!

I am sitting on my side of the fence, and I erected the fence to keep scum like this on the other side of it.

Last edited by Britmal; Mar 16th 2011 at 7:11 pm. Reason: update
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saj786
I have used these Indian RPO firms without much luck, I find it far more cost-effective having someone who is solely working on my requirements on a full time basis - this way they can add more value.
What's a RPO firm?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

I can think of many things it might mean...

But most of these are obscene and I think you should clarify with our 'Senior Recruiter'.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britmal
No la!

I am sitting on my side of the fence, and I erected the fence to keep scum like this on the other side of it.
calling people scum who you have never even met?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
How do you have a bank account when you don't have a residence visa....?
I managed to get a commercial bank account (Barclays) when we setup our company with one of the FreeZones. I think its setup as an offshore account which does not require a residence visa
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britmal
I cannot recall ever reading such a load of s**te!

In 30 years of working experience, I have found that recruiters generally are a bunch of lying parasites.

I can recall only one recruiter who would qualify as a decent human being.

Go and crawl back under your stone you scum.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with recruiters. Its unfortunate that the "good ones" (yes they do exist) get generalised and as a result have to suffer the bad rep.

Britmal: Just out of interest, from your 30 years work experience, how many roles were introduced to you by a recruiter ? (They may have lied and given you all sorts of BS but without them would you ever have worked with the companies you did ?)

The bottom line is that its the job-seeker thats always in the driving seat. A recruiter may influence your decision and give you the old classic tales but you are ultimately the decision maker - from the first ever call you get, you have the choice of saying "No Thank-you" and the recruiter "should" move on.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soukie
What's a RPO firm?
Recruitment Process Outsourcing - basically there are a whole load of these companies primarily in the subcontinet. They are helpers for recruiters. You would typically tell them what skills you are looking for and they would do the grunt work and find the relevant people for the recruiter.

hope that answers your question
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saj786
Recruitment Process Outsourcing - basically there are a whole load of these companies primarily in the subcontinet. They are helpers for recruiters. You would typically tell them what skills you are looking for and they would do the grunt work and find the relevant people for the recruiter.

hope that answers your question
So what does the recruiter do then .........?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

new business development, arranging interviews, attending meetings / conference calls, speaking to the candidates generated by the RPO etc (everything but the sourcing bit - these RPO guys just junior resourcers )

I think its the "sourcing" element that is outsourced - I dont currently use RPO as I have found it never works but I know agencies out them who use them - there are firms in India out there that will charge something silly like £200 a month to have a guy working 8 hours a day 5 days a week exclusively for you.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

polishes a shitty job to a gullible candidate in hope he accepts.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
polishes a shitty job to a gullible candidate in hope he accepts.
You know my views on Recruitment agents Millhouse.....Don't get me going it's Thursday man , i'd like to end this shitty week in a good mood !
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We use an RPO because there are three of us serving one client. We work solely for them and they only use us.

We don't have time to work on 15+ assignments at once from scratch because they are so varied, so we use this firm to generate the 150+ names initially that we would then add to/subtract from before approaching those suitable.

I don't polish shit jobs because I wouldn't work on them. When the client is paying 2 parts of a fee before even interviewing anyone, I don't think they would be interested in wasting their time, my time and their money?

Don't get me wrong there are lots of shit recruiters and lots of people labelled as senior/associate because they made money when the market invited you to throw shit at a wall until a fee came back. But I don't see the justification in applying your opinion to me or others at a first glance.

"I met an Investment Banker once and he was a complete c***. Therefore you are".....doesn't seem logical to me.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sross2203
We use an RPO because there are three of us serving one client. We work solely for them and they only use us.

We don't have time to work on 15+ assignments at once from scratch because they are so varied, so we use this firm to generate the 150+ names initially that we would then add to/subtract from before approaching those suitable.

I don't polish shit jobs because I wouldn't work on them. When the client is paying 2 parts of a fee before even interviewing anyone, I don't think they would be interested in wasting their time, my time and their money?

Don't get me wrong there are lots of shit recruiters and lots of people labelled as senior/associate because they made money when the market invited you to throw shit at a wall until a fee came back. But I don't see the justification in applying your opinion to me or others at a first glance.

"I met an Investment Banker once and he was a complete c***. Therefore you are".....doesn't seem logical to me.
spot on - hit the nail on the head

On a personal note, I got an offer for one of my candidates on Monday and I have advised him not to take it as I honestly and most genuinely feel he would be doing more harm than good to his career. Yes, I may lose a £5K fee but rather that than having to refund it back as I am confident he would leave within a few months.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sross2203

I knew we'd end up here it was inevitable . Look , you seem like a bright Lad , a lot of people on this forum know an awful lot about recruitment agents and recruitment agencies. They're not the most liked professions in this part of the world as a lot of people have been sold a dud deal some time or another and when you mess folks around on major issues they get a bit uptight.

I've been involved with them as an Employer and Employee for over 20 years and i'll only ever use or recommend no more than 5 individuals. The Gulf is full of Senior Recruiters / Head Hunters and Associated Directors or whatever the latest bullshit buzzword they want to call themselves and most of them are total shite.

I could go on on , dummy jobs , crap candidates , piss poor communication , extortionate fees , unprofessional service .......

That's me done ...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.