Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working in Qatar, living in Dubai ... Passport stamps?

Working in Qatar, living in Dubai ... Passport stamps?

Old Oct 21st 2013, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Spacekitten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Qatar, living in Dubai ... Passport stamps?

I'm looking to move and live in Dubai and commute to Qatar for work. I can get an egate in Qatar through my work permit but how do I avoid multiple passport stamps on entering and existing the UAE?

I've already had to get a larger passport because of the amount of stamping I get from work trips etc... Any advice would be gratefully received.

My fiancé is looking to work in Dubai. If we marry can i get dual residency?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Working in Qatar, living in Dubai ... Passport stamps?

Originally Posted by Spacekitten
I'm looking to move and live in Dubai and commute to Qatar for work. I can get an egate in Qatar through my work permit but how do I avoid multiple passport stamps on entering and existing the UAE?

I've already had to get a larger passport because of the amount of stamping I get from work trips etc... Any advice would be gratefully received.

How will you rent or do anything in Dubai without a residency visa?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Spacekitten is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be staying with my fiancé at weekends in Dubai. When we marry I'll move everything to Dubai but still commute.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:39 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

There are people who commute on a weekly basis, not for me mind you, maybe every other weekend?

There will of course be double your costs, 2 apartments etc. the cost of the flights will soon add up too.

Have you really thought this through?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 6:42 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

You can get an egate card as a non resident.

In T1 the office is upstairs before check in (on the right top of the escalator).

In T3 it's the desk directly in front of you as you first enter the terminal from taxi drop off.

Costs a couple of hundred dirhams, takes five minutes

If you have an Emirates Skywards card you can have the egate added on there for free.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 6:45 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Also, yes, dual residency is allowed for UAE and Qatar.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 8:43 am
Just Joined

schulz is on a distinguished road

I use to do weekly commute from Dubai to Copenhagen. After flying every week this way for a year, I learned to really appreciate egate. Its an absolute, not only does it save you hours and hours of time every trip, it also eliminates passport stamps from the UAE side.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 8:45 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by schulz
I use to do weekly commute from Dubai to Copenhagen. After flying every week this way for a year, I learned to really appreciate egate. Its an absolute, not only does it save you hours and hours of time every trip, it also eliminates passport stamps from the UAE side.
Jeez, I bet you were always upgraded!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacekitten

Why don't you both move to Doha and join the party ?