Working in Iraq

Old Jun 21st 2015, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Almac64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Iraq

Hi all I am new to the forum, can anyone advise how safe is Basra at the moment for contractors working for BP? I have a possible job opportunity there so if anyone has any details on current situation please drop me a line. Thanks Alasdair
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

hadi 20 16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Iraq

Hi my home in basra im Australian and i was born in iraq if u need any information call or msg im here to help

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 3rd 2015 at 3:48 pm. Reason: Please don't post personal info - the OP can contact you via the forum if they wish.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hadi 20 16
Hi my home in basra im Australian and i was born in iraq if u need any information call or msg im here to help
If your home is Basra, and you were born in Iraq you are not Austrailian
Old Oct 5th 2015, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Too right he is an Ozzie, no worries habibi!
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
A couple of million of Indians have property in India, live in England and call themselves British
Old Nov 17th 2015, 7:01 am
Just Joined

ARGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.
If you are working for BP then i guess you will be based in Rumaila?
I'm currently in Iraq near Basra.
I've been here since early 2014 and haven't experienced any trouble at all during that time.
I was even here during the big ISIS push and life never changed here at all.
If you are working for one of the IOC's then you will be in a secure camp with nothing to worry about at all.

If its your first time in then this is what will happen.

You will land in basra airport.
you will then head to the visa desk on the right hand side, you give your passport and any visa documents to the guy behind the glass, he will then ask you to wait in the waiting room, sometimes up to 2 hours!

In the waiting room names will be called to the desk one by one, you'll have to pay the visa fee (currently 202 USD).
After coming out of the waiting room you go through the entry gates and get a stamp and then into baggage reclaim.
Once you have your baggage you'll go through another scanner to meet your "fixer".

All the fixers are all usually lined up with company logos on the back of clipboards.
Find your fixer and he will guide you to a taxi.
The fixer will usually go with you in the taxi to meet your PSD/APT

The taxi will drop you off in an area where all the security teams wait.
Your PSD will give you a quick briefing and ask you to put on body armour.
The PSD team will then take you on to whatever camp you will be based in up at Rumaila.

I hope this helps

ARGAR
Old Nov 18th 2015, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ARGAR
Hello.
If you are working for BP then i guess you will be based in Rumaila?
I'm currently in Iraq near Basra.
I've been here since early 2014 and haven't experienced any trouble at all during that time.
I was even here during the big ISIS push and life never changed here at all.
If you are working for one of the IOC's then you will be in a secure camp with nothing to worry about at all.

If its your first time in then this is what will happen.

You will land in basra airport.
you will then head to the visa desk on the right hand side, you give your passport and any visa documents to the guy behind the glass, he will then ask you to wait in the waiting room, sometimes up to 2 hours!

In the waiting room names will be called to the desk one by one, you'll have to pay the visa fee (currently 202 USD).
After coming out of the waiting room you go through the entry gates and get a stamp and then into baggage reclaim.
Once you have your baggage you'll go through another scanner to meet your "fixer".

All the fixers are all usually lined up with company logos on the back of clipboards.
Find your fixer and he will guide you to a taxi.
The fixer will usually go with you in the taxi to meet your PSD/APT

The taxi will drop you off in an area where all the security teams wait.
Your PSD will give you a quick briefing and ask you to put on body armour.
The PSD team will then take you on to whatever camp you will be based in up at Rumaila.

I hope this helps

ARGAR
I was fine with that up until the Fixer and the Taxi ride . Definite weak link there
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:19 am
Just Joined

No, Basra airport is in a security bubble.
All the fixers are employed by the IOCs, so nothing to worry about there.
The APT/PSD teams will not leave without the client, the PSD teams have their own local national employees in the airport too.

I was nervous the first time coming in, been doing it for 2 years now and never had any trouble, just don't bring any booze in with you.

I'm kind of glad the outside world still thinks Iraq is dangerous as this keeps the wages higher!

Regards

Argar
Old Nov 21st 2015, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Duffy1027 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm rotting on the vine on this dreary 9 to 5 job here. I want to return to Iraq. I'm ex-military, Procurement, Contracts Management, Logistics type and miss the thrill and danger. Anyone out there that can point me in the direction of someone who can put me on out there?? Help!!
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Check LinkedIn.

Search Shell, Lukoil, BP, Haliburton, Schumberger Etc
Or
G4S, Control risks, Erinys, Olive Group, AEGIS etc

Argar
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks mate.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 2:03 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I was fine with that up until the Fixer and the Taxi ride . Definite weak link there
I was OK with all of that, even saw myself there, until the putting on body armour bit
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

lol its not that dangerous.
I'm glad people think that tho, it keeps the wages up!
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

I've done the body armor thing before whilst in Baghdad. It's not a big issue at all, but a wise precaution. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. � ����
Old Nov 27th 2015, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duffy1027
I'm rotting on the vine on this dreary 9 to 5 job here. I want to return to Iraq. I'm ex-military, Procurement, Contracts Management, Logistics type and miss the thrill and danger. Anyone out there that can point me in the direction of someone who can put me on out there?? Help!!
The thrill and danger of being a combat blanket stacker lol

Can't you try masturbating with the other hand or driving at 71 MPH on the motorway if you want to relive those RAOC Thrill and danger days of old ?

Last edited by Tockalosh; Nov 27th 2015 at 12:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.