Working from Home

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working from Home

One downside of WFH I've noticed is painful balls. The laptop cooking them all day seems to be having negative effects.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Teams works well. We just had a team meeting with 20+ folk on it for over an our and the quality was great, content not so much.

I'm on my..... 14th day of working from home. Initially we were told we could work from home if we wanted but late last week we were told we must work from home unless impossible.

Can see this going on for at least another 4 weeks if not 8.
Teams is great, I'm loving it.
Although the ability of people to be good on conference calls is really leaving a lot to be desired. If EVERYONE puts video on, it's going to be a positive call. If you let people hide, it's never even close to normal face time.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Teams is great, I'm loving it.
Although the ability of people to be good on conference calls is really leaving a lot to be desired. If EVERYONE puts video on, it's going to be a positive call. If you let people hide, it's never even close to normal face time.
I find the quality of the content on a conference call is inversely proportional to the number of people on the call with their video on.

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
One downside of WFH I've noticed is painful balls. The laptop cooking them all day seems to be having negative effects.
I've just bought another desk and monitor. Going to make an actual office.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I find the quality of the content on a conference call is inversely proportional to the number of people on the call with their video on.
Disagree. If people aren't on video, the call is wank.
A call with more than 8-10 people is wank, full stop - at that point it's a presentation not discussion but if a small number and everyone is clever and 'on it' with muting / unmuting and on screen - it can be really productive.
The plebs who leave themselves unmuted and eat or chat or have kids or dogs or telly on should just be fired immediately.