Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working freelance ontop of contract

Working freelance ontop of contract

Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working freelance ontop of contract

Hi all,

I'm going to be working full time Sun-Thurs, (+ occasional travel over weekends),but am interested in doing a bit of freelance work as well, - bit of personal shopping and styling work.

How does it work over there- would I need to register or anything like that or could I get away with just doing cash jobs, or do I have to declare earnings to anyone?

x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:49 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working freelance ontop of contract

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

I'm going to be working full time Sun-Thurs, (+ occasional travel over weekends),but am interested in doing a bit of freelance work as well, - bit of personal shopping and styling work.

How does it work over there- would I need to register or anything like that or could I get away with just doing cash jobs, or do I have to declare earnings to anyone?

x
no need to declare it to anyone or register anywhere
I did plenty of private jobs when I was employed
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

no need to declare it to anyone or register anywhere
I did plenty of private jobs when I was employed
Oh Happy Days!!!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

x
from a legal stand point you are only supposed to work for the company that sponsors you. If your company ok with it, get them to issue u a letter of no objection.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Grace,

Ok will do!

Thanks so much

Cat
x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Grace,

Ok will do!

Thanks so much

Cat
x
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
from a legal stand point you are only supposed to work for the company that sponsors you. If your company ok with it, get them to issue u a letter of no objection.
Hmm. I tried the honest approach and went to my boss for a LONO... He told me that the request would be rejected by "the employer", but no-one would be bothered if I went ahead with my private consultancy stuff without permission. He was right.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hmm. I tried the honest approach and went to my boss for a LONO... He told me that the request would be rejected by "the employer", but no-one would be bothered if I went ahead with my private consultancy stuff without permission. He was right.
Well the risk is as always being caught or some nice person with a bit of green eye reporting you. Legally you are only supposed to work for the company that sponsors you.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Well the risk is as always being caught or some nice person with a bit of green eye reporting you. Legally you are only supposed to work for the company that sponsors you.
Absolutely correct. But like risking drinking without a liquor license, it's one of those risks you can choose to take in the Alice in Blunderland world of the UAE..........
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Absolutely correct. But like risking drinking without a liquor license, it's one of those risks you can choose to take in the Alice in Blunderland world of the UAE..........
yep sure is, you just cant cry into ya beer when ya get caught for either one.