Working Bahrain

Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

HookahPipe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working Bahrain

Ahoy there!

My girlfriend and I are hoping to move to Bahrain for 6months to a year with a view to working there. I work in IT (Support management) and she is a Neuro rehab \ OT manager. We are both British Passport holders .. though she also holds an Australia passport too.

I suspect she will find it a lot easier to find work before travelling to Bahrain so our plan is for me to look for work once I get there (unless of course I strike lucky!). I'm not actually too fussed if I don't find work in my exact field and would consider other work as long as it wasn't bar work etc.

Any pointers as to where I can investigate finding employment before travelling and also any thoughts on my chances of landing a job once I get there?

Additionally any info re the medical side of things (my girlfriends employment) would be very gratefully received.

Finally how is Bahrain at the moment what with the US and UK et al making a pickle of Iraq? Still safe and largely trouble free?

I thank you,

HP.