Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

work place in dubai....

work place in dubai....

Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:50 pm
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Question work place in dubai....

if i take up an offer in dubai i think the office address will be in Oud Metha....can anyone offer any advice on the best locations to live in if working in this area.....also which would be the schools to approach for this location...........many thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work place in dubai....

Well, you could live in Oud Metha! Quite a few nice apartment buildings around there.

Other nearish areas include, Healthcare City, Old Town, Deira. Depends on your budget and if you want an apartment or a villa. You'd have to live further away to get a villa.

-
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:22 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Well, you could live in Oud Metha! Quite a few nice apartment buildings around there.

Other nearish areas include, Healthcare City, Old Town, Deira. Depends on your budget and if you want an apartment or a villa. You'd have to live further away to get a villa.

-
Some dodgy companies in Oud Metha!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Beware of men in pin-stripes carrying folders.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:58 pm
Banned

-
hi....we would prefer to buy....3 bed villa or townhouse.....up to say 4 million ish if we can....how far travel wise/commute time would we have to live to get a villa/town house and which development would we have to target.....many thanks.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:13 pm
Bored liberal

Well, I'd suggest that you wait a few months before you buy. Not least to suss out areas and make sure you really want to stay. Amazingly some people don't like Dubai!

You will also need some history before you can get a mortgage, although the bigger the deposit the easier that should be. (I can help with this.)

There aren't that many areas where you can buy. Nearest is probably Old Town, but I don't know about prices there. Otherwise there is The Springs - not close but you would largely be against the traffic.

-
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:17 pm
Banned

Well, I'd suggest that you wait a few months before you buy. Not least to suss out areas and make sure you really want to stay. Amazingly some people don't like Dubai!

You will also need some history before you can get a mortgage, although the bigger the deposit the easier that should be. (I can help with this.)

There aren't that many areas where you can buy. Nearest is probably Old Town, but I don't know about prices there. Otherwise there is The Springs - not close but you would largely be against the traffic.

-
hi..thanks for that...i will look at the springs....in terms of schools....which ones would be best if the springs was where we ended up.....cheers.