Reload this Page >

Work Permit Doha - EU passport

Work Permit Doha - EU passport

Old Jan 1st 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

BigDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Doha - EU passport

Hello,
I have received a job offer as Department Head in an international hotel in Doha. My police clearance and attested documents should reach my employer beginning of next week. Can anybody explain what will happen from there onwards. What are the processing times involved?
Since I have sold my house, my car, my belongings, etc. I am ready to go tomorow. What other options are there to get me started asap? Tourist visa and then convert it? Business visa?
Looking forward to getting some advice, especially on how I can convince my employer to fly me in asap.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Doha - EU passport

Originally Posted by BigDan
Hello,
I have received a job offer as Department Head in an international hotel in Doha. My police clearance and attested documents should reach my employer beginning of next week. Can anybody explain what will happen from there onwards. What are the processing times involved?
Since I have sold my house, my car, my belongings, etc. I am ready to go tomorow. What other options are there to get me started asap? Tourist visa and then convert it? Business visa?
Looking forward to getting some advice, especially on how I can convince my employer to fly me in asap.
Processing times could be 1 weeks to 6 months or not at all , it totally depends on your sponsor / employer and how much pull your PRO has . Sometimes you just have to let it roll because something's you have no control over whatsoever . They could pull the plug tomorrow or just not answer emails or the phone , don't take it personally as it's The Gulf in general but multiplied ten fold here in Doha .

You can come in on a tourist visa or they can directly fly you in on a business visa , there's options for EU passport holders and very little to worry about .

Remember just getting here is sometimes the easy step , the first 6 months will be fraught with challenges work wise and also on a personal level . You'll have to navigate through a probation period and also hit the ground running . On the plus side people in hospitality usually have a good support network and an easier route into settling in and getting around town socially as it's part of the business they're in.

Good Luck

Last edited by co durham boy; Jan 2nd 2014 at 7:33 am.