Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

work as electrician in Middle East

work as electrician in Middle East

Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:49 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: yorkshire, England
Posts: 5
kitlearie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work as electrician in Middle East

I'm stuggling to find info on jobs as an electrician in the Middle East. I'm in the early stages of deciding which country might suit me. Can anyone advise on where there is work for sparkies? And also where the British expat community is strong, and a pleasant place to live. Finally, who could help me with recruitment?
kitlearie is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:54 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Still in Bloody UK
Posts: 17
Stublue.KPL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good luck mate

best of luck mate. ive posted a few times on here to try and get some spark work in the middle east and had no replies. I would prefer to get Dubai (UAE) as my girlfriend now works there but the wages for a sparkie are absolutely abysmal. around £260 .......... a month!!!!!! the only hope is to get a supervisor/foremans job but even then it still isnt great money as most of the workers are from india/pakistan and think the money in dubai is good!!!! Better still would be to try and get with a british company in the middle east but its pretty hard. (AMEC/BK) etc
if i hear of any work going i'll post for you on here as i'm still looking at the moment. good luck.
ps - if you get a job, any chance of a good word for me??!!!!!!!!!

stu
Stublue.KPL is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:57 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: yorkshire, England
Posts: 5
kitlearie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good luck mate

Originally posted by Stublue.KPL
best of luck mate. ive posted a few times on here to try and get some spark work in the middle east and had no replies. I would prefer to get Dubai (UAE) as my girlfriend now works there but the wages for a sparkie are absolutely abysmal. around £260 .......... a month!!!!!! the only hope is to get a supervisor/foremans job but even then it still isnt great money as most of the workers are from india/pakistan and think the money in dubai is good!!!! Better still would be to try and get with a british company in the middle east but its pretty hard. (AMEC/BK) etc
if i hear of any work going i'll post for you on here as i'm still looking at the moment. good luck.
ps - if you get a job, any chance of a good word for me??!!!!!!!!!

stu
kitlearie is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:00 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: yorkshire, England
Posts: 5
kitlearie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good luck mate

thanks Stu,

I was beginning to wonder if anyone would reply.

Hell, I didn't know the wages are so bad out there!

If I find anything I'll let you know

good luck

Kit
kitlearie is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:32 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7
havingabit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

What type of "Electrician" Work are you looking for ? and what type of salaries are you expecting.

Let me know if you can provide more details via pm or whatever and I'll let you know if I can think of any way to help you out.


Cheers,

D.
havingabit is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:01 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: yorkshire, England
Posts: 5
kitlearie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Originally posted by havingabit
What type of "Electrician" Work are you looking for ? and what type of salaries are you expecting.

Let me know if you can provide more details via pm or whatever and I'll let you know if I can think of any way to help you out.


Cheers,

D.
kitlearie is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:04 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: yorkshire, England
Posts: 5
kitlearie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Originally posted by havingabit
What type of "Electrician" Work are you looking for ? and what type of salaries are you expecting.

Let me know if you can provide more details via pm or whatever and I'll let you know if I can think of any way to help you out.


Cheers,

D.
Well, I'm an approved electrician, qualified in the UK. I can't say I have experience in the petrochemical industry, but I've done lots of domestic and commercial work.
I am looking to earn good money (obviously) and am willing to work in dangerous areas eg Saudi

thanks for replying

Kit
kitlearie is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:50 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
prodigyking's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 298
prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default

It has always been my dream to become an Electrician in the Middle East...

Does anyone know of electrician jobs in the Gaza strip?
prodigyking is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:01 am
  #9  
Balushi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally posted by prodigyking
It has always been my dream to become an Electrician in the Middle East...

Does anyone know of electrician jobs in the Gaza strip?
They are building a fence there! You can fix the Electricution wires so the palestinain who will touch the fence will get shocks.

And by ur location, ur country will be proud of u.
 
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:30 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Still in Bloody UK
Posts: 17
Stublue.KPL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I am looking for work inthe oil/gas industries preferably. I am sitting the offshore survival course at present. (UK) I would prefer any work in dubai but I am willing to work anywhere.
cheers
Stublue.KPL is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:42 pm
  #11  
sjk
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1
sjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Originally posted by Balushi
They are building a fence there! You can fix the Electricution wires so the palestinain who will touch the fence will get shocks.

And by ur location, ur country will be proud of u.
Not very encouraging when you are a palestinian engineer about to move to Dubai.......................

Clearly advice is not the main concern here

Know your history before you pass judgement

Try Budge and BP plus the newspapers are always advertising; Khaleej Times, Gulf News etc, all have supplements for higher calibre engineers

SJK
sjk is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:52 am
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 12
Sools is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Hiya
If it's general sparky work then you will be out of luck as there is a surplus of very low paid workers out here.

If you have a degree or extensive experience then have a look at this website - it lists a load of recruitment agencies here in the UAE which also covers Oman, Kuwait and Saudi (I think!)

http://www.gulfjobsites.com/jobs/Uni...itment_Agents/

Also as mentioned,
www.gulfnews.com and www.khaleejtimes.com

Happy hunting!
Sools is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.