Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Women Drivers... Qatar Front Page News

Women Drivers... Qatar Front Page News

Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:26 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of
Default Women Drivers... Qatar Front Page News

Today I Picked up the Gulf Times Newspaper in Qatar and on the front page right hand side column I read the headline "Women to blame for Qatar gridlock" intrigued, I read on...

"Allowing women to drive has doubled the problem of traffic jams in Qatar" Assistant Director of the Traffic and Patrol Department for Technical Affairs, Colonel Mohamed A AL-Malki, said yesterday. However, he said that only 3% of accidents involve women.
Al Malki, the head of national campaign for prevention of road accidents, was talking at a programme at Qatargas."

and then the article goes on with statistics of death and accidents and injuries and the like... scaring the s**t out of you.. :scared: OH NO.. u start thinking.. STOP THEM EVIL CREATURES...

Now this makes me laugh ... if the head is f***ed up... what about the rest... so although only 3% of accidents involve women.. women are 50% of the problem... and what better... u ask yourself.. the gridlock is not caused by the none existence of public transport and the lack of taxis... it takes me 15min to flag a taxi from our offices and our office is on a main very busy road.. u can't flag them not because they are full... but because u can't find them...

I am sure this little article will generate some debate on the thread.. and some net rage neverthe less... Lads.. make sure you stay offline when the lasses hit the keyboards on this..
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:29 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women Drivers... Qatar Front Page News

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Today I Picked up the Gulf Times Newspaper in Qatar and on the front page right hand side column I read the headline "Women to blame for Qatar gridlock" intrigued, I read on...

"Allowing women to drive has doubled the problem of traffic jams in Qatar" Assistant Director of the Traffic and Patrol Department for Technical Affairs, Colonel Mohamed A AL-Malki, said yesterday. However, he said that only 3% of accidents involve women.
Al Malki, the head of national campaign for prevention of road accidents, was talking at a programme at Qatargas."

and then the article goes on with statistics of death and accidents and injuries and the like... scaring the s**t out of you.. :scared: OH NO.. u start thinking.. STOP THEM EVIL CREATURES...

Now this makes me laugh ... if the head is f***ed up... what about the rest... so although only 3% of accidents involve women.. women are 50% of the problem... and what better... u ask yourself.. the gridlock is not caused by the none existence of public transport and the lack of taxis... it takes me 15min to flag a taxi from our offices and our office is on a main very busy road.. u can't flag them not because they are full... but because u can't find them...

I am sure this little article will generate some debate on the thread.. and some net rage neverthe less... Lads.. make sure you stay offline when the lasses hit the keyboards on this..

Hmmmmmmmm......... NO COMMENT
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:34 pm
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hmmmmmmmm......... NO COMMENT
Wasn't that a comment?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:38 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eclectic-x
Wasn't that a comment?
Hmmmmmm
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:32 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

So Mrs.Zoo will add to the problem then????
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:22 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid journalist who wrote that article. F***** STUPID

Made me sooooo mad
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:25 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wellll.... what if only 3% of the driving population is female, yet they have managed to single (or should it be treble?)-handedly doubled the accident rate?

Probably not, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had a disproportionate share of accidents simply because they're new to driving. Compare them to teenaged male drivers and see who's worse!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:28 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Wellll.... what if only 3% of the driving population is female, yet they have managed to single (or should it be treble?)-handedly doubled the accident rate?

Probably not, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had a disproportionate share of accidents simply because they're new to driving. Compare them to teenaged male drivers and see who's worse!
But its not true about the women being the main cause for accidents.

Unless anyone of them is flashing their boobs at the other drivers....PMSL
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:30 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
But its not true about the women being the main cause for accidents.

Unless anyone of them is flashing their boobs at the other drivers....PMSL
Is that legal?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:41 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Is that legal?
Ehemmm....................NOOOOOOOOOOO def not
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:46 pm
Lapine Member

Ehemmm....................NOOOOOOOOOOO def not
So how many points do you get on your licence for that infraction?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:49 pm
Melts in your Mouth

So how many points do you get on your licence for that infraction?

Hmmmmm no idea....................guess I have to try it out to find out eh
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:41 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

"Allowing" women to drive? Were they ever banned from driving in Qatar?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:33 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Stupid journalist who wrote that article. F***** STUPID

Made me sooooo mad

oooohhh my monitor started shaking this morning when I opened up the thread. :scared: ... off scale feremone warning :scared:

I Give Way...
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:38 am
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by novita77
So Mrs.Zoo will add to the problem then????
She already did... drove from citycentre 2 ramada.. two days ago...
u should have seen the traffic she generated causing a 50% increase in accidents... and the thing is.. she does not know it... none of the women drivers know it either... scary.. :scared: .. EVIL...

according to the article..
ZooZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.