British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Woman in Oman (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/woman-oman-552531/)

smurtaza Aug 1st 2008 3:30 am

Woman in Oman

Hi,

How to approach woman in Oman for casual relationship ???

Any experiences from GCC??

Thanks

niddy Aug 1st 2008 3:57 am

Re: Woman in Oman

what a F***** Wierd question. Why don't you just wait till you get there and find out. You probably won't find many women there anyway.

Desert Dweller Aug 1st 2008 5:19 am

Same as anywhere else- 2 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and a kebab.

Unless it's my sister in law in which case you'll need a packet of Silk Cut too.

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 6:00 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 6634242)
Hi,

Thanks

Okay, I admit, when you're an expat in Saudi? After a while you tend to forget what a Western woman looks and feels like. But to go after a Penguin? (Saudi expat term for Arab woman) You must be really frustrated :( And if the Penguin is Saudi, Omani, UAE, Kuwaiti or Qatari doesn't matter. One good piece of advise if you do intend to actually try your luck. Buy a gas mask and soap, if it comes down to perfume? They have only one mode... Overkill!!! If it comes down to makeup? Hmmm.... One tends to think "Makeup where are you going with the woman?" What they use in a single day? Rembrandt could easily use to make an entire painting from. Good luck...

Fairydust Aug 1st 2008 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller (Post 6634368)
Same as anywhere else- 2 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and a kebab.

Unless it's my sister in law in which case you'll need a packet of Silk Cut too.

Hahaha

Squirty Cream Aug 1st 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 6634242)
Hi,

Thanks

With caution........... ? How would you normally approach a woman? If she's not Western then don't bother unless you want all the men in the family after you.

Desert Dweller Aug 1st 2008 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 6634438)
With caution........... ?

From behind.................?

Charismatic Aug 1st 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller (Post 6634368)
Same as anywhere else- 2 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and you'll be into a badly packed kebab.

Edited for accuracy. :blink:

smurtaza Aug 1st 2008 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6634413)
Okay, I admit, when you're an expat in Saudi? After a while you tend to forget what a Western woman looks and feels like. But to go after a Penguin? (Saudi expat term for Arab woman) You must be really frustrated :( And if the Penguin is Saudi, Omani, UAE, Kuwaiti or Qatari doesn't matter. One good piece of advise if you do intend to actually try your luck. Buy a gas mask and soap, if it comes down to perfume? They have only one mode... Overkill!!! If it comes down to makeup? Hmmm.... One tends to think "Makeup where are you going with the woman?" What they use in a single day? Rembrandt could easily use to make an entire painting from. Good luck...

In Egypt local women used to give missed calls over mobiles and if they hook up with the correct mate, then people used to enjoy good casual relationship

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 6634817)
In Egypt local women used to give missed calls over mobiles and if they hook up with the correct mate, then people used to enjoy good casual relationship

And why? A one way ticket to the good life. I mean a visa to Europe / USA and / or Canada. The oldest trick in the book. And the so called misplaced calls? Are number sold to these woman by locals. I've lived and worked in Cairo for six months, no need to explain the system to me. Only thing that really works to prevent it happening? I mean the many calls per day? Take your international mobile phone with you, they hate the high rates. ;)

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 9:10 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 6634817)

Smurtaza,

Contact any European embassy, or even the American and Canadian embassies in Cairo. They'll go so far as hand you a leaflet on how to respond at the local police stations. All what these so called "married ladies looking for fun" have to do is to prove that they where with you (even if it never reached the physical stage to say it politely) which isn't that difficult to "arrange" in a city like Cairo, and as a man? You are so far up shit creek, that even the shit can't find you anymore.

smurtaza Aug 1st 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6634909)
Smurtaza,

Contact any European embassy, or even the American and Canadian embassies in Cairo. They'll go so far as hand you a leaflet on how to respond at the local police stations. All what these so called "married ladies looking for fun" have to do is to prove that they where with you (even if it never reached the physical stage to say it politely) which isn't that difficult to "arrange" in a city like Cairo, and as a man? You are so far up shit creek, that even the shit can't find you anymore.

Please tell me about Oman and local woman in GCC....

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 9:20 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 6634939)
Please tell me about Oman and local woman in GCC....

I'm not even going to go down that road. You get your kicks in weird ways Smurtaza, find out yourself. Most probebly the hard way.

Bob Aug 1st 2008 3:58 pm

Stop trolling the boards.