Wills

Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
Banned

J0nah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wills

Originally Posted by ArranLass
Yep a rock in the middle of the Clyde with 4000 alcaholics clinging to it! It's good to get back from time to time as you say but all my friends have left too, it seems great when I'm there over the festive season or middle of the summer but if I turn up when all my mates are away it's a different story

Aw nooo! So everyone doesn't have a big yacht and drive around in classic sports cars??? If it's not wall to wall diamond thieves and chaps in cravats I'm not going!

Welcome to Club Mercenary !
Whats the population - 4001!?!? Plenty yachts and fancy cars, not seen a diamond thief for a while though...things change I know but hate the fact that 'locals' are now the minority, full of brits, portugues and poles....where isn't though!!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:38 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J0nah
Now then, who should lighten up here?
Maybe you are right (do you know Admon?) cuz everyone on here knows I am a very, very handwringing,'woe is me' serious person

Scuse, time for my lithium
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eva
Maybe you are right POST 31 YEP(do you know Admon?) cuz everyone on here knows I am a very, very handwringing,'woe is me' serious person COME ON ITS LIKE THE LIONS SENDING IN THE LIONESS BITCHESS TO DO THE HUNTING

Is that legal here
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

Whats the population - 4001!?!? Plenty yachts and fancy cars, not seen a diamond thief for a while though...things change I know but hate the fact that 'locals' are now the minority, full of brits, portugues and poles....where isn't though!!
The most hear accent on my rock is Yorkshire closely followed by Polish, although the poor poles have realised they were better off in Poland than seving a bunch of jumped up golfers for minium wage, often less!

Don't know about Jersey but Arran has turned into a rich mans playground. Over 50 % of the houses in some of the villages are holiday homes and lay empty for 9 months of the year, turning thriving communities into ghost towns. The Scottish tourist board haven't helped, keeping the emphasis on tourism and forgetting about jobs with a decent wage. The only people who I know who can afford to stay are teachers and doctors. Even then it's career suicide as they scope is limited and advancement is limited to dead mens shoes. The island desparately needs a new dentist but no one will come as it's the end of their career and the pay is pitiful... Oops, there I go again on a rant
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ArranLass
The most hear accent on my rock is Yorkshire closely followed by Polish, although the poor poles have realised they were better off in Poland than seving a bunch of jumped up golfers for minium wage, often less!

Don't know about Jersey but Arran has turned into a rich mans playground. Over 50 % of the houses in some of the villages are holiday homes and lay empty for 9 months of the year, turning thriving communities into ghost towns. The Scottish tourist board haven't helped, keeping the emphasis on tourism and forgetting about jobs with a decent wage. The only people who I know who can afford to stay are teachers and doctors. Even then it's career suicide as they scope is limited and advancement is limited to dead mens shoes. The island desparately needs a new dentist but no one will come as it's the end of their career and the pay is pitiful... Oops, there I go again on a rant
The eastern European migration is the same all over I think, they're slowly realising its not best in the west and things back home are improving.

Jersey are much better at the housing control, you have to live there for 20 years (actually reducing it now) before you are allowed to buy property to live in, only certain property can be rented. There are some exceptions re. the mega rich and essential employees. So this keeps the London set away from being able to buy holiday homes and making the place like a ghost town.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:02 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you are right POST 31 YEP(do you know Admon?) cuz everyone on here knows I am a very, very handwringing,'woe is me' serious person COME ON ITS LIKE THE LIONS SENDING IN THE LIONESS BITCHESS TO DO THE HUNTING

omg.......J0nah dumps the whale for Daktari
I really need to up my prescription
One 's' in bitches
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:07 pm
Banned

Hi ArranLass,

I've just read your private message, thanks for that, as you know I am new to this site (5 minutes apparantly) couldn't work out how to send one back, have had a couple of beers and I am a thickie ex squaddie - thats my excuse.

Yes I can meet you on Thursday, what you put in the message makes sense, I never thought I was so naive, can't trust anyone, so beware I am gonna ask a lot of questions and get it all in writing (yes another mistake I made previously).

Thanks again, let me know best time and place, I am pretty flexible on time unless anything untoward happens at work.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

The eastern European migration is the same all over I think, they're slowly realising its not best in the west and things back home are improving.

Jersey are much better at the housing control, you have to live there for 20 years (actually reducing it now) before you are allowed to buy property to live in, only certain property can be rented. There are some exceptions re. the mega rich and essential employees. So this keeps the London set away from being able to buy holiday homes and making the place like a ghost town.
Companies have realised that it's better to open in Eastern Europe rather than importing workers as they are much happier in their own countries and this is helping to build their economies. A lot in the UK railed against the Polish workers but they're going to be missed, I think.

Good policy, something we have been asking for, for years, and a relaxation of the planning rules to open up the interior to make housing affordable. Ayrshire Council still plans for the mainland and forgets many of the islanders needs.

Anyhoo. I'm off now, busy day tomorrow. Have a good night and if I don't catch you on here before, look forward to meeting you Thurday!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ArranLass,

I've just read your private message, thanks for that, as you know I am new to this site (5 minutes apparantly) couldn't work out how to send one back, have had a couple of beers and I am a thickie ex squaddie - thats my excuse.

Yes I can meet you on Thursday, what you put in the message makes sense, I never thought I was so naive, can't trust anyone, so beware I am gonna ask a lot of questions and get it all in writing (yes another mistake I made previously).

Thanks again, let me know best time and place, I am pretty flexible on time unless anything untoward happens at work.
No probs, glad you've got the PM working!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eva

omg.......J0nah dumps the whale for Daktari
I really need to up my prescription
One 's' in bitches
What has Clarence got to do with it?
So is it legal or what, serious question, otherwise I could be contributing to your arrest, oh the guilt
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:20 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What has Clarence got to do with it?
So is it legal or what, serious question, otherwise I could be contributing to your arrest, oh the guilt
Are you only an arse when you drink beer or are you an arse all the time?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eva
I am selective, if the mood and company fit the emotion...mirroring technique
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eva
fwiw I think you're wrong at point 1 and re your opinion of them but hey it don't matter to ya Ooops it looks like I was right about Norm too - IFA also, perhaps he is more of a frosted pane of glass - but if you look close enough you can see thru it

Then looking back over the Inheritance Tax P.E.T.s comment of yours, you are probably an unqualified IFA too as ArranLass pointed out to me...squak Hawk's squak
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:51 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fwiw I think you're wrong at point 1 and re your opinion of them but hey it don't matter to ya Ooops it looks like I was right about Norm too - IFA also, perhaps he is more of a frosted pane of glass - but if you look close enough you can see thru it

Then looking back over the Inheritance Tax P.E.T.s comment of yours, you are probably an unqualified IFA too as ArranLass pointed out to me...squak Hawk's squak
Actually,it's frowned upon to openly discuss the contents of private messages; whatever conclusions ArranLass jumped to should remain between you and her......

I assure you however I am neither a qualified nor unqualified IFA.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eva
Actually,it's frowned upon to openly discuss the contents of private messages; whatever conclusions ArranLass jumped to should remain between you and her......

I assure you however I am neither a qualified nor unqualified IFA.
Well then I humbly apologise if I insulted you, 2 out of 3 ain't bad though, I was going for the hat-trick and failed.

Don't get the private messages thing but will bear that in mind for future thanks

I seem to have gained a major dislike towards IFA's out here, due to bad experience, I am over it now though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.