Not at all the price is still fairly low
76.00%
Will consider pooling or public transprt
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

will the petrol price rise affect you.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default will the petrol price rise affect you.

Just interested to find out how it will affect people in the UAE
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will the petrol price rise affect you.

Originally Posted by Benson
What about the poor abra guys who lobied for yonks to be able to increase their price (don't know if they ever did) and now they're going to have to try and raise them again.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Don't drive great distances - office is a 10 min drive. I have always been car pooling with my other half since I don't like to drive in Dubai

Anya
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:14 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

It will effect everybody.. even if they did not use a car.. with the fuel price goes up the following happens:
1- Ships and planes will charge more to transport goods around the world, everything you buy gets more expensive
2- Local transport companies will charge more, causing additional overhead to distributers, everything you buy gets more expensive
3- Taxis get more expensive.. so staff need more money.. salaries go up.. causing higher overhead, everything you buy gets more expensive
4- all goods made out of plastic/fiber/rubber or has paint and all medicines and beauty products, shoes and clothes and fabrics and bottles all made out of oil.. all become more expensive.. nearly everything you buy gets more expensive
5- all fabricated or packed goods.. every service provided needs energy.. electricity and gas..99%of our energy source is from oil.. and guess what.. everything you buy gets more expensive even if it was a piece of bread or an apple or a bottle of water..

as you can see... everything you buy depends on oil prices.. and when oil goes up everything goes up.. and Slaries trail behind leaving the poor bastards (and thats everybody) worse off until the viscous circle has equalised...

Sorry to depress you giuys... but we are all effected... forget about voting.. I thing this vote should read.. do you know if you are effected or do you not know...

ZooZ
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZooZ
It will effect everybody.. even if they did not use a car.. with the fuel price goes up the following happens:
1- Ships and planes will charge more to transport goods around the world, everything you buy gets more expensive
2- Local transport companies will charge more, causing additional overhead to distributers, everything you buy gets more expensive
3- Taxis get more expensive.. so staff need more money.. salaries go up.. causing higher overhead, everything you buy gets more expensive
4- all goods made out of plastic/fiber/rubber or has paint and all medicines and beauty products, shoes and clothes and fabrics and bottles all made out of oil.. all become more expensive.. nearly everything you buy gets more expensive
5- all fabricated or packed goods.. every service provided needs energy.. electricity and gas..99%of our energy source is from oil.. and guess what.. everything you buy gets more expensive even if it was a piece of bread or an apple or a bottle of water..

as you can see... everything you buy depends on oil prices.. and when oil goes up everything goes up.. and Slaries trail behind leaving the poor bastards (and thats everybody) worse off until the viscous circle has equalised...

Sorry to depress you giuys... but we are all effected... forget about voting.. I thing this vote should read.. do you know if you are effected or do you not know...

ZooZ
The price of pita bread just got reduced 20% here in Dubai
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

.. salaries go up.. causing higher overhead, everything you buy gets more expensive

ZooZ
Hi ZooZ ,
Read in the paper that for a vast majority of expatriates, salaries have not gone up for many years

Anya
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

well who got up on the wrong side of bed this morning?

ZooZ
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:48 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

well who got up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
Wot morning.. wot bed....????

Could not sleep...

ZooZ
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:04 pm
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi ZooZ ,
Read in the paper that for a vast majority of expatriates, salaries have not gone up for many years

Anya
IndieGirl.. In my recent interviews, companies are taking the views that this is no longer a hardship assignement and in my case on 4 job offers I could easilly have done better in the uk and paid the tax man too...

gd place bad dosh or bad place gd dosh... I'd rather be here and not in Iraq..

ZooZ
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieGirl.. In my recent interviews, companies are taking the views that this is no longer a hardship assignement and in my case on 4 job offers I could easilly have done better in the uk and paid the tax man too...

gd place bad dosh or bad place gd dosh... I'd rather be here and not in Iraq..

ZooZ

I would imagine Saudi would qualify for that now, but didn't know Dubai was on that list (may be 10 years back, before all the recent developments)

Cheers
Anya
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:21 pm
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I would imagine Saudi would qualify for that now, but didn't know Dubai was on that list (may be 10 years back, before all the recent developments)

Cheers
Anya
Its all about demand and supply.. if you get too many people willing to go.. salaries go down.. not many ppl want to go salaries go up..
and if you get too many jobs.. by high demand in one sector.. and the no of people in the pool is not able to match regardless wheather they are willing to go or not.. salary go up too...
unfortunatly in Dubai there is neither.. too many ppl like it and not enough expansion to reduce the pool enough..

Qatar is a good place.. nice to be and demand is growing..

Hv a gd nite Anya.. I am shutting down for the ev..
after all.. did not sleep last nite
ZooZ
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:19 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Slaries trail behind leaving the poor bastards (and thats everybody) worse off until the viscous circle has equalised...
I'll be keeping clear of that viscous circle, then... the viscosity of circles is a dodgy area all round...
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:02 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Its all about demand and supply.. if you get too many people willing to go.. salaries go down.. not many ppl want to go salaries go up..
and if you get too many jobs.. by high demand in one sector.. and the no of people in the pool is not able to match regardless wheather they are willing to go or not.. salary go up too...
unfortunatly in Dubai there is neither.. too many ppl like it and not enough expansion to reduce the pool enough..

Qatar is a good place.. nice to be and demand is growing..

Hv a gd nite Anya.. I am shutting down for the ev..
after all.. did not sleep last nite
ZooZ

Heya Zoooz cool down. LOL ure spending too much time on here. Can be addictive u know. HHmmm my guess is u wont have much time on yr hands in a couple of days eh

Today took the kids and our guests to the Sealine Resort in Mesaeieed Desert. Great place. Very nice pool and surrounding. They have booze too tho bloody expensive. U should go when u have time. A really nice day.

Malt xxxx
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:07 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
I'll be keeping clear of that viscous circle, then... the viscosity of circles is a dodgy area all round...

pmsl

pure genius

would k but i gotta spread my love sry
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:43 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

(Jamila on LG's computer

In Norway, gasoline was sold at 6 dhs today. PER LITER! THe prices there have increased by 1 dhs per liter since the Katrina catastrophy, as the general oil price is up.

YES, I do have a problem with gas-prices being increased by 30% overnight and taxes and fees being introduces with no notice. Yes I do have a problem with the size of these fees (c'm on, housing fee at 5000 dhs/year with no notice!?) But still, it IS cheap to live here, and most things here cost way less than back home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.