Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Will KSA attest my MSc for Professional Class Iqama

Will KSA attest my MSc for Professional Class Iqama

Old May 18th 2022, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

wilkobury is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will KSA attest my MSc for Professional Class Iqama

I have a MSc (Masters) degree from the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN). I undertook this part time, and it was distance learning, save for the exams for which there was a residential week. My degree certificate does not reference distance learning.

I understand KSA is not keen on distance learning degrees. Given that UCLAN has a physical campus, will KSA be concerned and reject me for a Professional Class Iqama? I understand that my family won't be able to get permanent visas if I am not granted a Professional Class Iqama.

Thanks
Old May 18th 2022, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will KSA attest my MSc for Professional Class Iqama

If it’s anything like Qatar then in addition to a degree certificate you *may* need a letter from the Uni which clearly states that you attended a classroom based course. In Qatar there are/were tonnes of people (incl many in management positions) with fake distance learning based degrees so the authorities clamped down on everyone (rightly so IMHO). unfortunately this means that genuine and highly rated degrees from the likes of OU are no longer accepted in Qatar.

You’re better off asking the company PRO for official/latest advice, the rules in KSA may not be as strict as in neighbouring countries.
Old May 18th 2022, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

wilkobury is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will KSA attest my MSc for Professional Class Iqama

Thanks. Hopefully this will be OK as the transcript confirms was delivered by the Main University Campus.