Reload this Page >

WiFi Expert Khalifa City Area

WiFi Expert Khalifa City Area

Old Oct 6th 2016, 10:42 am
Just Joined

BigIan279 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WiFi Expert Khalifa City Area

Hi Guys
can anyone recommend a wifi/data expert to extend the wifi coverage in my house as it is shocking.

I've had eLife installed by Etisilat, who installed a little router and disconnected the one the previous tenant had left. This left me with a usable wifi signal in one and a half rooms. I was warned about this and the concrete and steel construction of the buildings here.

After many visits to the Etilisat service desk in Abu Dhabi Mall and even more calls to 101 I managed to get an "engineer" to install two more of the same routers, he buggered off without testing the wifi so he had to be called back (which took 3 days) to find he'd forgotten to set something up.

Even now the coverage of usable wifi is pretty poor, and now I have 3 different routers which I have to select & log into each time I come within range.

I also want to talk about additional TV outlet points

Help please!

cheers
Ian
Old Oct 6th 2016, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WiFi Expert Khalifa City Area

Welcome to the UAE. The land WiFi forgot.

I ended up doing it myself - a router on each floor of the villa all sharing the same details so it roamed. Loads of stuff online to do this - or go to Tourist Club area/Electra street and get a man to do it for you. You'll also get your keys cut there too.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:38 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

And it you wait till around midnight you can get a wristy as well for 100 AED.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:48 am
Just Joined

BigIan279 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iggle
And it you wait till around midnight you can get a wristy as well for 100 AED.
is that a thumb????
Old Oct 7th 2016, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Just get yourself a range extender. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-EX2...G6/ref=sr_1_1?

I have that one in my house back in Blighty and it works great.