Reload this Page >

Why is **************** so bad?

Why is **************** so bad?

Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Mascasara81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why is **************** so bad?

Hi everyone!

I'm a new here! A little background first (if this bores you then skip), me and my partner are looking to move to Dubai. We are in london at the moment and the lifestyle/taxes/wages here are verging on human rights violation (seriously )! Im originally from the ME but have lived in Europe all my life, he is English. He is a quality engineer at a big areospace company and I just finished my MBA. I'm not really that worried about myself as I can sort myself out and have a GCC citizenship. But I'm worried about him.

Anyway, we found this website, **************** and it has great jobs but by reading around the forums I get the impression that they're a 'bad' company. Can someone please explain WHY? Their jobs are really attractive! Also, what is the best way of getting a job there?

Thanks! By the way, great website!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is **************** so bad?

welcome to the site

anyway, if you've read the faq, you;'ll have an idea....there shite because they charge you to use them, which shouldn't happen because they are paid by the companies to find people, so they shouldn't charge you, also, once paid, they then do bugger all, and you can't get a refund, they won't help you, and you've wasted money, especially when there are loads of other recruitment agencies around.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Mascasara81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your input Bob!

so basically, they take your money and then just leave ??? Oh dear....

But non of the other sites seem to have such 'amazing' jobs as ****************. I guess the best thing to do is for us to get out there and book meetings with all the agencies.

Excuse my bluntness but my other question is: is my partner going to be paid more because he is English?

Is there anybody out here who has used **************** and can confirm their status?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mascasara81

But non of the other sites seem to have such 'amazing' jobs as ****************. I guess the best thing to do is for us to get out there and book meetings with all the agencies.

Excuse my bluntness but my other question is: is my partner going to be paid more because he is English?

Is there anybody out here who has used **************** and can confirm their status?

Thanks!
Welcome to the site. It has been said before but it is worth repeating. The agencies here will ignore you unless you are in Dubai. They get inundated with CVs by e-mail and fax everyday and just don't have the time to read them all so they go straight in the bin. You have to actually turn up in front of them to be taken seriously.

Yes, your partner will get paid more because he is English. Actually the key facts that get you the better jobs are: "Western educated native English speaker." So that would include South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mascasara81

Thanks!
**************** - don't go near them.
My missus paid the fee never heard a dicky bird form them at all.
moreover i belive they promise to refund ifthey can't find a job......fat chance.
they never reply....they don't seem to have a physical location so they basically just sc.rew you.
Missus found work through an agency called budge....they are really helpfull people.
www.budgerecruitment.com
Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kelvynd
**************** - don't go near them.
My missus paid the fee never heard a dicky bird form them at all.
moreover i belive they promise to refund ifthey can't find a job......fat chance.
they never reply....they don't seem to have a physical location so they basically just sc.rew you.
Missus found work through an agency called budge....they are really helpfull people.
www.budgerecruitment.com
Why would any agency charge a fee. Their clients are companies looking for the best employees. The likely candidates would be put off by a fee. Its obviously a con.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quokka
Why would any agency charge a fee. Their clients are companies looking for the best employees. The likely candidates would be put off by a fee. Its obviously a con.
It's only obvious to those who've used agencies before and understand how they make their money.
Neither of us had used agencies before so knew nothing about them - and therefore had no reason no to realise this wasn't normal.
That's how all scams work - prey on people that don't know any better.

There's tons of things I do in my job that are 'obvious' to me....but may not be to you........
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kelvynd
It's only obvious to those who've used agencies before and understand how they make their money.
Neither of us had used agencies before so knew nothing about them - and therefore had no reason no to realise this wasn't normal.
That's how all scams work - prey on people that don't know any better.

There's tons of things I do in my job that are 'obvious' to me....but may not be to you........
Thats life, you learn by your mistakes
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Quokka
Thats life, you learn by your mistakes
Do not touch them with a shitty stick. if you wish to dispute this, then continue at your own risk.

you cant say that you were not warned !!!!!!!!!!

please listen to the voice of experience.