British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Why don't................. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/why-dont-264769/)

Jellybean Nov 8th 2004 3:41 am

Re: Why don't.................

Originally Posted by novita77
Only when you're not here :p

Do we have a ex-other site member here? Try to invite somebody else fewdays ago on here. But apparently she decline because she don't want to be bash by bunch of brits...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but watch the Swingbridge guy!!!!!

She be chickenshit then, you go back and tell her that we are very nice to newbies...hey I got 4 blue blobs!! :D

novita77 Nov 8th 2004 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Do we have a ex-other site member here? Try to invite somebody else fewdays ago on here. But apparently she decline because she don't want to be bash by bunch of brits...

She be chickenshit then, you go back and tell her that we are very nice to newbies...hey I got 4 blue blobs!! :D[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with the Swingbridge guy???

Might send her an e-mail and ask her to try here... :D Where are everybody else???

Jellybean Nov 8th 2004 3:46 am

She be chickenshit then, you go back and tell her that we are very nice to newbies...hey I got 4 blue blobs!! :D

What is wrong with the Swingbridge guy???

Might send her an e-mail and ask her to try here... :D Where are everybody else???[/QUOTE]

Oh nothing, nothing at all about the Swingbridge guy nothing really :eek:

Good idea, I off with the maid, she needs a medical :scared:

novita77 Nov 8th 2004 3:47 am

Good idea, I off with the maid, she needs a medical :scared:[/QUOTE]

Because of the dog????? :eek:

Palm Tree Nov 8th 2004 4:14 am

Good idea, I off with the maid, she needs a medical :scared:[/QUOTE]

I wondered why you weren't still in bed which was higly unusual.

novita77 Nov 8th 2004 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Palm Tree

I wondered why you weren't still in bed which was higly unusual.[/QUOTE]

Morning PT.... what u been doing?

Palm Tree Nov 8th 2004 4:25 am

I wondered why you weren't still in bed which was higly unusual.

Morning PT.... what u been doing?[/QUOTE]

Good morning to you Novita. I don't think you have had a very good sleep last night.

Nothing much yet. Kids woke me up as usual, can't wait for them to be the age where you cannot kick them out of bed even at lunch time. My mum never ever used to let me sleep beyond 8am, as she was an early riser around 5am and felt that by 8am, I had well overslept and she was in desperate need of a coffee top up and since she didn't have a maid, who better to take care of that than her daughter. Once I had started working, I had to leave home at 6am and couldn't sleep out at the weekends. Now, I have kids who don't want their mum to stay in bed. HELP. Will the time ever come to have some peace early in the morning?!

I sorted out breakfast for my kids, so should keep them quiet for a little while and I can check out my mail on the computer. I miss having letters and ads thrown through my door every morning. In Switzerland, we had to go out in the freezing cold to get the mail but in the UK it was such luxury and here in Dubai, you only get business mail in P.O.Boxes. Having a computer helps to brighten up my day such as by people like you who greet me with nice GOOD MORNING and already are asking for my essay.

And what's up with you? Don't you need any beauty sleep?

Heart of gold Nov 8th 2004 4:31 am

[QUOTE=Palm Tree] I miss having letters and ads thrown through my door every morning [QUOTE]

I miss this too, in fact I miss the UK .. full stop! :)

novita77 Nov 8th 2004 4:34 am

Morning PT.... what u been doing?

Good morning to you Novita. I don't think you have had a very good sleep last night.

Nothing much yet. Kids woke me up as usual, can't wait for them to be the age where you cannot kick them out of bed even at lunch time. My mum never ever used to let me sleep beyond 8am, as she was an early riser around 5am and felt that by 8am, I had well overslept and she was in desperate need of a coffee top up and since she didn't have a maid, who better to take care of that than her daughter. Once I had started working, I had to leave home at 6am and couldn't sleep out at the weekends. Now, I have kids who don't want their mum to stay in bed. HELP. Will the time ever come to have some peace early in the morning?!

I sorted out breakfast for my kids, so should keep them quiet for a little while and I can check out my mail on the computer. I miss having letters and ads thrown through my door every morning. In Switzerland, we had to go out in the freezing cold to get the mail but in the UK it was such luxury and here in Dubai, you only get business mail in P.O.Boxes. Having a computer helps to brighten up my day such as by people like you who greet me with nice GOOD MORNING and already are asking for my essay.

And what's up with you? Don't you need any beauty sleep?[/QUOTE]

Hi PT, thank you for ur essay. Loves to read it.

Just back from dropping my son to the nursery. He won't have his breakfast. Just can be bother to force feed him. He did not want to eat so be it!

Will go and meet a new friend later on. Meet her from the other site, arrived in Doha last saturday, her hubby working as a captain for Qatar Airways.
So far I have 4 new friends I met from the other site and staying in Doha for good.

Well... you miss the cold in switzerland... I don't think i will miss the cold in England. Hubby always drag me going back to the UK for winter... but it so bloody cold for me!!! :eek:

So... when ur hubby back to Dubai? Where is he at the moment?

Palm Tree Nov 8th 2004 4:38 am

[QUOTE=Heart of gold][QUOTE=Palm Tree] I miss having letters and ads thrown through my door every morning

Hey good morning HOG!

Still missing home?! I envy you. Must be nice to miss something. I have been such a lost soul for years. My hubby has a webcam at his office in Bournemouth and everytime I get a glympse of the weather, I get such a surge of satisfaction to be in Dubai. I know, the weather isn't everything to be happy. Everyone has their reasons for what they are craving in life for.

Maybe someone can throw some Karma your way. I can't yet, must spread to some others first.

Enjoy your day and dream about home.

novita77 Nov 8th 2004 4:39 am

Hey good morning HOG!

Still missing home?! I envy you. Must be nice to miss something. I have been such a lost soul for years. My hubby has a webcam at his office in Bournemouth and everytime I get a glympse of the weather, I get such a surge of satisfaction to be in Dubai. I know, the weather isn't everything to be happy. Everyone has their reasons for what they are craving in life for.

Maybe someone can throw some Karma your way. I can't yet, must spread to some others first.

Enjoy your day and dream about home.

I think u can call Dubai ur home PT....

Palm Tree Nov 8th 2004 4:51 am

Hi PT, thank you for ur essay. Loves to read it.

Just back from dropping my son to the nursery. He won't have his breakfast. Just can be bother to force feed him. He did not want to eat so be it!

Will go and meet a new friend later on. Meet her from the other site, arrived in Doha last saturday, her hubby working as a captain for Qatar Airways.
So far I have 4 new friends I met from the other site and staying in Doha for good.

Well... you miss the cold in switzerland... I don't think i will miss the cold in England. Hubby always drag me going back to the UK for winter... but it so bloody cold for me!!! :eek:

So... when ur hubby back to Dubai? Where is he at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Force feeding, no, not my style either. I always used to hate breakfast. When I was 4 years old, my parents left home at 5.30 in the morning and left some breakfast for me which I was supposed to eat before getting myself ready for Kindergarten. Oh yes, all by myself. Well, what do you think I did with the breakfast? It certainly didn't end up in my tummy. Until today, I don't eat breakfast and guess what? I am still alive.

Enjoy your time with your friend. Funny enough, I will have one over at my place today but I met her through the German site, which is so boring. Not my friend of course, the site is boring.

Novita, me missing the cold? :scared: Are you mad? Have you ever read my essays properly? I am the one who detests cold weather and the temperature in Dubai already starts dropping to an uncomfortable level for me and I am getting my jumpers ready. I need the heat and I am dreading another winter in Dubai, as our apartment has no heating. FREEEZZZINNGGG. I had to stock up on warm sleepwear and socks last year, even considered buying a hat and gloves. No one can ask me, if it is ever hot in Dubai, you can imagine the answer they will get from me and then they will be in shock about what they consider an oven. I have enough fat wrapped around my body to keep me warm but probably spending too much passive time on the computer makes my blood go into slow motion.

Last year, I had to visit my parents in Switzerland for Xmas as my mum couln't cope with me having left Europe. This year, I refuse to return to the cold and they will be coming over instead. I know my mum will hate Xmas in Dubai, as she has always spend it in cold weather and isn't so easy going with a change. Her loss, my gain.

Hubby is in Iran, probably sorting out arguments between family. I told him to take on a job as a councellor and get paid for it. He will be back on Wednesday, so my days on this board are counted.

LakesLassie Nov 8th 2004 6:33 am

[QUOTE=Heart of gold][QUOTE=Palm Tree] I miss having letters and ads thrown through my door every morning

You do? :eek: Can't say I do. I miss people obviously, but keep in touch with the "important" ones.

Heart of gold Nov 8th 2004 6:43 am

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
You do? :eek: Can't say I do. I miss people obviously, but keep in touch with the "important" ones.

Morning LL... Yeap fraid so! But do keep in touch with ppl regulary :)

joseph.creative Nov 8th 2004 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Morning LL... Yeap fraid so! But do keep in touch with ppl regulary :)

finding it a little tricky to find time sometimes.... what with fun things such as late client presentations...

Jellybean Nov 8th 2004 8:10 am

I wondered why you weren't still in bed which was higly unusual.[/QUOTE]

Hey I make the most of my days off....I just seem to be getting a lot of them lately that's all lol :D