Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Why am i not surprised...

Why am i not surprised...

Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:51 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why am i not surprised...

.....about the characters in this photo?

http://www.worldpressphoto.com/index...idth=high]?rss
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why am i not surprised...

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller

Dunno mate, bird in the front has nice norks though!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:15 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you are on about...

... however some jawdroppingly good shots on that site though...
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:26 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I know what you are on about...

... however some jawdroppingly good shots on that site though...
I went to a World Press photo exhibition when I was in Oman and these pictures look a whole lot more impressive when they are professionally printed and mounted on the wall.
I find some if it a bit voyeuristic and invasive to the memories and sanctity of some of the subjects (such as the dead palestinian baby being held up high above a crowd or the private tears as a mother finds her son after the tsunami) but i suppose the line of what is acceptable is being pushed further and further.
Here in Hong Kong it is not uncommon for them to have pictures of dead people in various states on the front page of newspapers- something which even the British gutter press have not resorted to.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to a World Press photo exhibition when I was in Oman and these pictures look a whole lot more impressive when they are professionally printed and mounted on the wall.
I find some if it a bit voyeuristic and invasive to the memories and sanctity of some of the subjects (such as the dead palestinian baby being held up high above a crowd or the private tears as a mother finds her son after the tsunami) but i suppose the line of what is acceptable is being pushed further and further.
Here in Hong Kong it is not uncommon for them to have pictures of dead people in various states on the front page of newspapers- something which even the British gutter press have not resorted to.
It is voyeristic but these are the kind of images that change the world. People need to be shocked into action.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...s/history.html
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:37 am
Banned

uk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the link Dee Hunter but maybe a warning just to let people know how horrific the injuries really are.