Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who has recently rented a 2 or 3 bedroom flat in Abu Dhabi?

Who has recently rented a 2 or 3 bedroom flat in Abu Dhabi?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who has recently rented a 2 or 3 bedroom flat in Abu Dhabi?

Well I'd be happy to get a PM knowing where you can get all that for 140k, especially if there was a cheaper 3 bed in the same block?

I think some of this is who you know or else it's a trustworthy agent? I know I was ripped off when I came out here nearly 2 years ago but my employer pays so it wasn't my money. However I ended up with a 2 bed (just me, ahem...) at 100k.

The agent knew the employers rent allowance and made sure everything was on the limit or over. It was evident that she had found housing for several other people from same employer so knew what to do. Approach landlord in Arabic and tell him can get 100k for your 80k property so long as they cut the difference - or something along those lines. Also I arrived to an air of panic. Must vacate hotel within 3 or 4 weeks, no extension, made to feel only 3 or 4 apartments to choose from, agent will help you, she knows the market, must sign now as 10 other people are viewing...

Employer should choose better agent...if you don't know the city and the market you are stufed initially. I later found a work colleague got a really nice 3 bed near A D Mall with loads of parking for 85k.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:50 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elzo
Hi Sam

We move to Abu Dhabi on the 18th of this month.

What agent did you use?

Thanks
Most of the apartments I saw were through an independent agent. I don't have his details to hand, but have given them to lots of people on here, so perhaps somebody could PM them to Elzo?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Elzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Most of the apartments I saw were through an independent agent. I don't have his details to hand, but have given them to lots of people on here, so perhaps somebody could PM them to Elzo?
Would be great if someone could.

Thanks in advance,

Elzo
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

Hmm ok. I am a fluent speaker of Arabic, so if I go and chat up the landlord or whoever in Arabic do you think that will make a difference with the price, location, etc? Sam was your place somewhere overlooking the corniche or somewhere closer to Mina? Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:02 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niddy
Sam was your place somewhere overlooking the corniche or somewhere closer to Mina? Thanks
Overlooking the Corniche. In Khalidya.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Budget for 180 - 200k for 4 bedrooms for anywhere decent. You can get for less, but it is down to location. I rented from Sept last year, brand new, plus similar location/price/size/parking to what Sam describes - mine also has roof top pool/gym. Anything smaller that 3 bedrooms in AD is rare. I had to take a four bedroomed place as there was ZERO availaiblity on 1/2 bedroomed apartments when I arrived and the one 3 bed was so manky I nearly threw up (160K they were asking).

Demand is high and supply is low. Some landlords take advantage of that, some don't. You'll find getting what you want/afford is partly luck, partly patience and partly perseverance.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Overlooking the Corniche. In Khalidya.
Sam

I have been looking for a 3 bed in Khaladiya for 6 months with a budget of 150,000 and not found??? I have seen 180 the cheapest for a 3 bed

Please PM me the details of the agent who found for you if u dont mind

Thanks

AC
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
Budget for 180 - 200k for 4 bedrooms for anywhere decent. You can get for less, but it is down to location. I rented from Sept last year, brand new, plus similar location/price/size/parking to what Sam describes - mine also has roof top pool/gym. Anything smaller that 3 bedrooms in AD is rare. I had to take a four bedroomed place as there was ZERO availaiblity on 1/2 bedroomed apartments when I arrived and the one 3 bed was so manky I nearly threw up (160K they were asking).

Demand is high and supply is low. Some landlords take advantage of that, some don't. You'll find getting what you want/afford is partly luck, partly patience and partly perseverance.

Hi

Can u PM the agent

Thanks

Ac

which agent did u use?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Sam,

Please don't pm anyone the name of the agent - just send it to me only

cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:19 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Never done this before on the forum-i.e ..used one of those silly faces but:

Last edited by Eva; Apr 2nd 2008 at 8:20 pm. Reason: confused
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:20 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest what would you expect to pay for a no frills 2 bedroom villa or apartment outside the main city - perhaps closer to the airport?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Just out of interest what would you expect to pay for a no frills 2 bedroom villa or apartment outside the main city - perhaps closer to the airport?
I paid AED110k for my 2 bedroom apartment (v big) in Mushrif. I know for a fact that it has gone up in price now though.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by annacarna
I have been looking for a 3 bed in Khaladiya for 6 months
Anna, you live in Khalidya. Did you not see that brand new 480 apartment complex opposite Spinneys being built over the last 6 months?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

wow anna...how could you not notice 480-apartment complex...are you SURE you live in AD...

MM, xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow anna...how could you not notice 480-apartment complex...are you SURE you live in AD...

MM, xx
Well i am a bit tick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.