Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who has lost their jobs?

Who has lost their jobs?

Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has lost their jobs?

Originally Posted by commander
but who is giving out advice on being made redundant..are you in a position to advise people?

Surely this is a pretty new situation for you also?

Well I am pretty up on labour law. For the Brits that decide to return to the UK, I can also offer practical tax advice.

Sometimes you can be caught up in a situation that you cannot see clearly and an objective view will help. Clearly a meet up such as the one BC is arranging isn't for everyone, but if just a few contacts are made and some people go away with renewed vigour then it will have been worthwhile.

-
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Well I am pretty up on labour law. For the Brits that decide to return to the UK, I can also offer practical tax advice.

Sometimes you can be caught up in a situation that you cannot see clearly and an objective view will help. Clearly a meet up such as the one BC is arranging isn't for everyone, but if just a few contacts are made and some people go away with renewed vigour then it will have been worthwhile.

-
exactly Meow
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:44 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

commander, i seriously don't see what harm a couple of hours can do for people
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There is a bigger picture here. In most cases it will be the husband who has been made redundant and the wife is wholly dependent on him. She will also require support if she feels the rug is being pulled from under them, but may not feel that she can say much to her husband as he will be worrying about getting another job.

This was never supposed to be an answer to anyone's prayers, but a chance to chat and feel better.

Commander I love you dearly, but you are a right Cassandra sometimes

-
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:52 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
There is a bigger picture here. In most cases it will be the husband who has been made redundant and the wife is wholly dependent on him. She will also require support if she feels the rug is being pulled from under them, but may not feel that she can say much to her husband as he will be worrying about getting another job.

This was never supposed to be an answer to anyone's prayers, but a chance to chat and feel better.

Commander I love you dearly, but you are a right Cassandra sometimes

-
This i understand..
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

This i understand..
at last!!!

and me what do I know, I am just a housewife
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
at last!!!

and me what do I know, I am just a housewife
im not doubting what you know BC, you are a pillar to loads of expat ladies. my concern (not that its any of my business) was that you may wear yourself out with other peoples issues. I know thats what you have always done, but not when you are in the same boat..think numero uno

anyway, its not my business.......as you were

group hugs all round
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:07 pm
Concierge

im not doubting what you know BC, you are a pillar to loads of expat ladies. my concern (not that its any of my business) was that you may wear yourself out with other peoples issues. I know thats what you have always done, but not when you are in the same boat..think numero uno

anyway, its not my business.......as you were

group hugs all round
you know your right don't you! I am too scared to stop because I will fall to pieces
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:48 pm
banned

It'll all work out in the end, it always does xxx
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:49 pm
Concierge

It'll all work out in the end, it always does xxx
I know Commander, I know xxxx
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Hang in there everyone!!... Believe me.... the whole world is suffering and in many countries they are suffering more... they've gone from poor to poorer.

Sometimes when I put everythin in perspective.... I think to myself...who am I to complain? Forget loosing jobs and money.... atleast am healthy and alive I thank God for this.... people are dying around the world in Gaza and elsewhere..... the suffering is unbearable... and am worried about loosing my job.

Humans learn to survive and adapt to whatever situation they are thrown in.

Its testing time.... u just gota survive it. Do whats necessary... go back to UK. . . stay around and try to find another job.... whatever you feel can bring a change.

Good luck to everyone.

Inv.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:15 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

i dont understand the concept of support. The only help and support you all need is a new contract.

group hugs, cuddles and hard luck stories will not help...

Especially when there is a tick/tock towards visa cancellation date.

Sorry, you know its not personal but i just dont get it..

and before i get called arrogant etc, if i was (and may well be, who knows) in the same position my opinion is that sitting with a room full of similar unfortunates wouldnt 'support' me, it would bloody depress me, plus id be too busy trying to get a job.
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not if you happened to meet a guy there who knew of a fantastic oil and gas job that was available and he just happened to know the HR Director we went for dinner the other night at a girlfriend's house. Turns out that her husband had heard of a very suitable job that was available for Atilla. Did we go to get a job out of them? course not !! - there was free chilli on offer

each to their own Commander and you know I am not offended in anyway.
it is all about contacts at a time like this - you never know who can open doors for you
kudos to you blue cat and meow for your initiatives - I know about 150 people that have lost their jobs and I am sure if this type of forum was available they would have welcomed it
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:40 am
banned

Contacts are fine slingshot, if there are actually people hiring..

Apart from that, i agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.