Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who has lost their jobs?

Who has lost their jobs?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:00 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has lost their jobs?

Originally Posted by commander
Contacts are fine slingshot, if there are actually people hiring..

Apart from that, i agree
there are people still hiring - like i said in an earlier post all depends on industry
if people post things up here you never know where it will lead. i hope to be recruiting come march - watch this space

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Commander you were right, we had one lady turn up, she will be posting here very soon. Was a nice morning though
one is better than none
emailed you the file - spread the word
if you were to run this again next month you may find more would turn up as things worsen
maybe you could have a PRO there to answer questions? I have a very good one you could borrow
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

g18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to allg18c is a name known to all

I think a networking meeting is an excellent idea, I’m definitely up for the next one. After all, it’s not all about what you know it’s who you know as well. All my jobs and work here have been through contacts.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Hey there mister,

just catching up with what is going on and this thread was meant for helping those in need. Its out of order for you to come on here and pretty much take the p!ss out of those who have been in the country years longer than you were who set up lives and friends here. You dont know anything about the situation of the members here and you dont seemed to have bothered your backside to get to know anyone - that is up to you, your loss really.

Other than the one company you claimed screwed you over (but didnt because you never actually took a job there?!) what do you know about Dubai, what are the positives to it?

If you have none you obviously didnt spend anytime here!

Aus or not everywhere has a sh!t side and money is not everything.....

I am helping - by telling you all to wake up to the fact that that the place is a shit hole and to go home! I told you last Aug before the shit hit the fan, I told you in december, and Im telling you now.

Imagine how much better off most of you would have been if you left last Aug?

What better advice is there? How is helping people prolong the agony there doing them any favours?

Do you really think building a network of angry denilalists will help any of you? Is smoking crack any better for you if you do it with another 50 crack heads?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mantronic
I am helping - by telling you all to wake up to the fact that that the place is a shit hole and to go home! I told you last Aug before the shit hit the fan, I told you in december, and Im telling you now.

What better advice is there? How is helping people prolong the agony there doing them any favours?

Do you really think building a network of angry denilalists will help any of you? Is smoking crack any better for you if you do it with another 50 crack heads?
You make so many assumptions about the people posting here and yet you really know nothing about our lives. Grow up and get a life you angry little man.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
You make so many assumptions about the people posting here and yet you really know nothing about our lives. Grow up and get a life you angry little man.
A bit too close the the bone then?

What is so complex about dubai dwellers? Least diverse group of expats ever you know ie those that couyldnt make it anywhere else and those looking for the mythical something for nothing. Fact.

Im one of the only ones on here that isnt angry - funny that.

Besides, I think you waived your right to tell people to get a life when you forfeited yours by moving to death town.

So enjoy the pathetic little bed you have made for yourself with your angry little friends.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I told you last Aug before the shit hit the fan, I told you in december, and Im telling you now.

Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

What is so complex about dubai dwellers? Least diverse group of expats ever you know ie those that couyldnt make it anywhere else and those looking for the mythical something for nothing. Fact.

Besides, I think you waived your right to tell people to get a life when you forfeited yours by moving to death town.

So enjoy the pathetic little bed you have made for yourself with your angry little friends.
Dubai is pleasant enough - depends where you start from I guess.

Made some friends, had some good times, saved some money. When my project ends, I'll pack my bags and move on somewhere else - no big deal really.

I think you bought into the Dubai hype and were seriously disappointed when you got here. Most of the posters here know the shortcomings of being an expat outside the western 'bubble' - but also know the upsides.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I find your posts rather bizarre, you dont/never have lived here?

You came once and failed at an interview, then went to Australia and now earn lots of AUS dollars, so why are you so interested in a place you so clearly dislike?

Well done you can see into the future, oh that there was a world recession on the cards in August, frickin ell... Can I PM you for some more earth shattering revelations...

Then you make personal insults to people regarding them or their loved ones being made redundant, which in this present climate, wherever you are in the world is a very callous and cruel thing to do...

If you dislike the UAE so much then why keep reminding yourself of it on internet forums, why dont you live yur life in Australia and go the beach, go the pub, make some friends, swim in the sea (watch out for those sharks mind!), take up some hobbies, just basically get on with it...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
If you dislike the UAE so much then why keep reminding yourself of it on internet forums, why dont you live yur life in Australia and go the beach, go the pub, make some friends, swim in the sea (watch out for those sharks mind!), take up some hobbies, just basically get on with it...
maybe because people on here keep on replying to his posts...just a guess...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
maybe because people on here keep on replying to his posts...just a guess...
Alright clever clogs
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:12 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

my god you're an idiot. the majority of people on this board were well aware of these events and possibilities a helluva long time before then. (6 - 12 months, even years before). so you say it in August 2008 and that makes you the messiah?

you're such a moron

so, when are you going to predict Obama as US President? February '09?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. As I said, you know nothing of my life here really.

Unlike you, we came with eyes wide open. My life in Dubai isn't too bad actually - probably not a lot different to my life in Australia.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
his posts are no less relevant or unimportant than the next poster, if you dont agree one post against should suffice then let it go.
you talk about him making assumptions and then assume that he needs a life and he is angry and he is little and he is a man
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by manwithnoname
his posts are no less relevant or unimportant than the next poster, if you dont agree one post against should suffice then let it go.
you talk about him making assumptions and then assume that he needs a life and he is angry and he is little and he is a man
you should check his posting history........

The guy came to the UAE for a couple of days for a job interview and purports to be an expert on the place and the expats that live here. He comes across as a very bitter man and he assumes that everyone here is unhappy and in for a life of misery. He has said some nasty things to people on this forum (including myself) which were not justified. He's supposedly Australian, but actually doesn't contribute to the Australian forum, only to this one. All a bit strange...........
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

but not everyone thinks it is a shit hole and some have been there for 10 years if not more - so they are not better off leaving?!

There is helping but then again i do think you should have at least one months experience of the place before you help people decide?

I would tell anyone if they get the chance go for it, too many of us say what if and it is a shitty way to live life!

I loved Dubai, i didnt buy into the hype of it so i have settled back into normal UK life with ease, mind i cant get used to the cold!

The only reason we left was because of a shit employer and we had no other option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.