British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   White Bay developer Al Murjan goes bust...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/white-bay-developer-al-murjan-goes-bust-694665/)

The Dean Nov 24th 2010 2:21 pm

White Bay developer Al Murjan goes bust......

Oh dear............... defaults by “nearly 50 percent of the buyers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...s-default.html

Blue Cat Nov 24th 2010 3:01 pm

Re: White Bay developer Al Murjan goes bust......

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9001550)
Oh dear............... defaults by “nearly 50 percent of the buyers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...s-default.html

which means all of them :(

Boomhauer Nov 24th 2010 11:51 pm

“Buyers want the project to go ahead and want to know the real reason for liquidation,” Yamalova said. “They can’t understand how the Sheikh can’t get his own administrative agency to grant him approvals.”
Sounds like they are trying to temper the effects of the housing downturn by blaming part of the problem on non approval of plans.

So the deputy Ruler doesn't have the Wasta to get a multi billion dollar project approved, sure.....

Norm_uk Nov 25th 2010 8:50 am

I'm shocked to hear a UAE property concern could go bust.

I mean, the dedication to professionalism, transparent financial dealings and commitment to never miss-sell at all. Not to mention most local banks are simply excellent at loan risk assessment...

I won't even mention how they carefully survey the market to ensure what they build will be supported by the local market and not left empty for months or years.

How could this have happened?

:p

On a more serious note a friend of a friend brought in the Green Community and apparently lots of seawater from the water table has been gradually seeping up, killing the plants and causing the property to sink.

N.

The Dean Nov 25th 2010 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9003112)

I mean, the dedication to professionalism, transparent financial dealings and commitment to never miss-sell at all. Not to mention most local banks are simply excellent at loan risk assessment...

I won't even mention how they carefully survey the market to ensure what they build will be supported by the local market and not left empty for months or years.

On a more serious note a friend of a friend brought in the Green Community and apparently lots of seawater from the water table has been gradually seeping up, killing the plants and causing the property to sink.

N.

In Bahrain, they don't try to hide that - it's called "Floating City"...........

Blue Cat Nov 26th 2010 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9003112)

N.

friend of mine bought there as well, when it rained two year ago her entire apartment was under 3ft of water, it was a right mess.

abudhabires Jan 3rd 2011 6:32 am

Hi all,

I'm a reporter in Abu Dhabi. I'm interested in finding both Al Murjan and Green Community owners. If anybody knows owners, can you please respond to my sign on here? Thanks...

Blue Cat Jan 3rd 2011 6:42 am

Originally Posted by abudhabires (Post 9073692)
Hi all,

I'm a reporter in Abu Dhabi. I'm interested in finding both Al Murjan and Green Community owners. If anybody knows owners, can you please respond to my sign on here? Thanks...

hi there, why Green Community Owners is there a problem there?

Millhouse Jan 3rd 2011 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9073700)
hi there, why Green Community Owners is there a problem there?

Res' in-depth research on this forum suggests that flats in the Green Community get flooded when it rains and the sea water has killed the plants.

Blue Cat Jan 3rd 2011 6:46 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9073702)
Res' in-depth research on this forum suggests that flats in the Green Community get flooded when it rains and the sea water has killed the plants.

mmm yes they do, well at least my friends did a couple of years back :(

Millhouse Jan 3rd 2011 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9073705)
mmm yes they do, well at least my friends did a couple of years back :(

We know. Res and I have both read post 6 :)

Blue Cat Jan 3rd 2011 7:04 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9073708)
We know. Res and I have both read post 6 :)

:rofl: I don't go back on a thread !

lionheart Jan 3rd 2011 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9073718)
:rofl: I don't go back on a thread !

Does he mean Al Murjan or Al Furjan? The latter is the new development near Jebel Ali.

Artistic Mar 27th 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,

Hi Abudhabires,
We bought on the whitebay project, did not default on our contract and paid 50% untill completion, we now have a meeting set up with Al murjan liquidators to discuss ou option for re- paying us some money back. We have one of the earliest appointments so if ou would like to discuss this please give me an email adress.:fingerscrossed:

Artistic Mar 27th 2011 1:15 pm

Hi all,

Hi Abudhabires,
We bought on the whitebay project, did not default on our contract and paid 50% untill completion, we now have a meeting set up with Al murjan liquidators to discuss our option for re- paying us some money back. We have one of the earliest appointments so if you would like to discuss this please give me an email adress.:fingerscrossed: