Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Dubai?

Where to stay in Dubai?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future
Default Where to stay in Dubai?

Further to my previous posts, I am now looking to come to Dubai in early June for some interviews, and get an idea about housing, schools, going-out etc. Is there an ideal central location to get access to Bur Dubai (for interviews) and where we will be in the evenings (Dubai Marina / Creek) ?

I will be bringing Mrs.Pies with me, who will no doubt want to experience shopping and beach life too, but she will have more time on her hands!
Is it realistic for her to expect to be sat on a beach in June?

Also I will be paying for this myself so don't want to spend a fortune.
Any tips greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stay in Dubai?

There are plenty of previous threads on reasonably priced hotel accommodation, most being in Bur Dubai or Deira and many offering furnished studio apartments at decent rates.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

AlishaA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stay in Dubai?

Hi All- I didnt want to start a new post so hoping someone can help me here.
I am working in Festival City and looking for a temporary accommodation for approx 3 mths. I just came across someone renting out a fully furnished 1bed apartment for Dhs 5000 in Al Ghusais. Location wise- I guess its good as its close to Festival City- but does anyone know anything about the area? this is near the Zulaika hospital...