Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:03 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
eggy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

I have 4 weeks to decide where to move in AD.
I have had a look on Dubizzle but the rents seems to vary and some apartments don't seem to have a kitchens.

I am on my own, looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment with amenities. I have been given housing allowance of £150,000, i will be working in the business area of Corniche and after a month will get a car so i will need parking in to consideration too.

I don't mind if i am close to work or further a field, I want to make sure i get my move right the first time.

Could anyone recommend any areas within my price range? and what i should look out for in terms of hidden costs?

thanks in advance
eggy888 is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:10 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

do you mean 150,000 AED? if it's pounds, the world is your oyster i would have thought...

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:15 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
eggy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
do you mean 150,000 AED? if it's pounds, the world is your oyster i would have thought...

MM, xx
Sorry i meant AED!, not £'s (i wish!), just don't want to end up in a tent in the middle of the desert.
eggy888 is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:40 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,805
Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Originally Posted by eggy888
I have 4 weeks to decide where to move in AD.
I have had a look on Dubizzle but the rents seems to vary and some apartments don't seem to have a kitchens.

I am on my own, looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment with amenities. I have been given housing allowance of £150,000, i will be working in the business area of Corniche and after a month will get a car so i will need parking in to consideration too.

I don't mind if i am close to work or further a field, I want to make sure i get my move right the first time.

Could anyone recommend any areas within my price range? and what i should look out for in terms of hidden costs?

thanks in advance
150k will get you a 4 (maybe 5+pool) room villa in Al Reef, about a 30min commute each way. In town, you'll get an "executive" 2 bed apartment around that range, if you can pocket the difference in allowance, then that'll get you a nice(ish) 1 bed apartment, and get you a 4-5 year old Pajero with the change!
Brains1983 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:11 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
eggy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Originally Posted by Brains1983
150k will get you a 4 (maybe 5+pool) room villa in Al Reef, about a 30min commute each way. In town, you'll get an "executive" 2 bed apartment around that range, if you can pocket the difference in allowance, then that'll get you a nice(ish) 1 bed apartment, and get you a 4-5 year old Pajero with the change!
Thanks Brains1983 i was beginning to worry i did not negotiate my package well and would have ended up in sub standard accommodation.
eggy888 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:31 pm
  #6  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 242
Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

There are some new apartment blocks heading out of the corniche towards the Mina (past Al Diar Capital hotel) which are nice. Swish apartments, pool(s) on the roof, and for your allowance, you can definitely get a 1/2 bed.

These blocks have underground parking, and also parking available in the dirt lots next to them.

Downside would be location isnt that great, although you can see the sea (and the port) and there is a lot of building work going on in that area.

Alternatively, you might be able to find a share of a villa in Al Bateen/Manaseer for that price - both are nice areas.
Tillybean is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:47 pm
  #7  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to move in Abu Dhabi???

Don't panic. Your allowance works out at AED 416 per day (more or less), which will pay for a budget hotel (you might even get into Hilton Corniche Apartments, depends on how busy they are). That'll give you time to get to know where you want to be, and to strike a good deal. There are loads of apartments coming onto the market. Good luck.
Bahtatboy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.